Saturday, March 08, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane....

I'm on an almost manic high today. How is that different from any other day, you may ask? Well, it's different today because this time tomorrow I will be in beautiful, sunny, Arizona. See ya suckers! As the temp tops out at 32 degrees today here in St. Louis, I couldn't be happier to be leaving the Midwest for a few days. I have a problem though....and that problem is......too many shoes. Yes, I know. Ordinarily, I'd say "that's no problem, you can never have too many shoes". That is, unless you are trying to pack them all and take them with you. I dug out all my cute flip flops and sandals and also a pair of tennis shoes and some cute heels for going out in...now that I've narrowed down the top contenders I still have a bit of a problem....there are still 8-10 pairs I want to take with me. Will the FAA let me take a suitcase that is just full of shoes? Someone help me.

Don't even get me started on packing clothing to take. I am currently washing a load of capris and t-shirts (which Canada finds funny for some reason.....). I have my all-important Cubs gear all ready to go (my trusty Aramis Ramirez t-shirt and my favorite Cubs shirt that says "real women love the Cubbies"), my Cubs hats are in the suitcase, I have some jeans (because it's only gonna be in the 50's at night), I need to gather a hoodie or two. OMG and toiletries, I forgot about toiletries. All those hair products? And 17 different body washes? Aye, yay, yay-I'm gonna be a busy girl today. Oh, and I have to paint my toenails. I'm gonna have sandals on-gotta have cute feet!!!! Think my still fat and swollen ankle will look cute? In the midst of all that, I am gonna head up to NoCoMo tonight to go to church since I will be missing it tomorrow.

Why do we always pick daylight savings time as our time to leave? I have to meet Erin at her house at 7am tomorrow (which will really feel like 6am), I think our flight leaves at 9:15am, or something like that. I am waaaaaaaaaaaay excited, can you tell? After the craptastic week I've had at work, some time away from that place is just what the doctor ordered. I have realized that I will have Cute Canadian withdrawals, however. What will I do if I can't email him every single day? He's probably sighing with relief right now...it's a vacation for him too. HA! :)

All this travel discussion can only mean one thing for you. Yes, that's right, no blog posts until at least next Friday. Of course, it's something to look forward to as I will catch y'all up on my latest adventures in the wild, wild west. Wipe your tears sports fans, wipe your tears. KD will be back before you know it! ;)

Everyone have a great week, I know I will. I'll tell the Cubs you said HI and that you want them to win........ :)

No comments: