Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm all done!

Whew, I have been sneezing my little head off today! I know one option I have is to just stop breathing the air, but I'm thinking that may have some negative consequences I'm not prepared to deal with so I must consider other options. If I was a smart girl, I would have long ago taken out stock in the Kleenex company, given that I'm such a high volume consumer of their products. Alas, I am not a smart girl.

In productivity news, I managed to finish every single bit of my work today by 12:52pm CST. Don't tell my boss because she'll try to find something else for me to do. I'm all about keeping a low profile these days, so shhhhhhhh! I learned today that Mike likes cole slaw. Pass it on. That was your random news nugget of the day.

So, Chikize Eze got sent a' packin' last night on American Idol. In my office pool, he was my pick for next week, so it's just as well. On the positive side, he's off just in time to possibly board one of the Princess cruise ships and continue his stage show. Just an idea.

My co-worker Michele (Harry Caray's daughter and closeted Cubs fan) gave me some information today on a Cubs fan club run by Mr. Cub himself, Ernie Banks. Apparently it is a fan club that was originally started (and dismantled) in 1908-the last time the Cubs won the World Series. Mr. Cub apparently thinks there's a connection and is bringing back the fan club (with avengeance!) and seeking members. I joined today. Anything I can do to prompt my boys outta that World Series slump (yes, I'm as superstitious as the next person when it comes to my team!). Tomorrow is baseball day at work. This is really a sick, twisted promotion for Cardinals baseball (the nerve, I mean, you'd think we live in St. Louis or something). You are encouraged to wear your Cardinals gear and, in exchange, will get a hotdog, chips and soda. Fair enough. This girl (and at least three others-POWER TO THE PEOPLE!) will be wearing Cubbie blue tomorrow. That's right, I said it-CUBBIE BLUE. Deal with it. :) Oh, and GO CUBS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'll be in Cubbie blue. My NL Central Div championship cubbie blue to be exact. see you tomorrow.

KD said...

Uh....I need to see if my Cubs stuff is even clean....because SOMEONE hasn't done my laundry for me yet.....if not, I will still be in blue tomorrow! :)