Wednesday, March 05, 2008

A three hour tour...

Yes, it took me three hours to get home from work yesterday...well, technically it was three hours and ten minutes....it took me nearly an hour just to get to the entrance ramp to highway 70 only to find that it was closed due to an overturned tractor trailer. I had to then go the opposite direction, I managed to hit 370 only to find that it too was jammed. By the time I made it to 270 I had to pee so bad I thought I was going to die. I was on the phone with my mother who suggested I find something in my car that I could pee in...I quickly rejected that idea. Thanks though, mom! My main priority (besides making it home alive) was to make it home before American Idol. I did, but barely. Gotta have your priorities in place, people! I did call my sister at one point when I had been in my car for nearly three hours...I think I had become slap happy and needed some other human entertainment. Sis delivered! :) At least I got to talk to my Canadian (now forever known as "Fernando") on IM for awhile....that's what ya gotta do when you live so far away....that made all the crap in my day worth it, however. AWWWW! ;)

Today didn't start well. Traffic was backed up on 170, I found it was due to a Bi-State bus that was sideways in the road-never a good thing. Once I finally got to work (only 15 minutes late!), I fell and busted my ass in the work parking lot. Fan-effing-tastic. I'm wearing tan cords today, meaning I now have dirt on my ass for the whole world to see. I contemplated going home and changing but that idea proved to be too taxing for me today, so I am sitting here with dirt on my ass. Deal with it. I'm just pissed because I wasn't hurt, so I don't even have grounds to sue anyone. I don't have it as bad as my friend Michele who is still in the same clothes she was in yesterday (she never made it home). God love her! :)

No comments: