Tuesday, May 15, 2007

too tired to blog? Say it ain't so!

Yes, yesterday I was too tired to blog. I'm sorry to my Public-but I just didn't have it in me. And I even had a good weekend, did you? Friday, I went to Archivers at The Mills with some of the Book Club girls for a scrapbooking night-dorky, I know, but it was kinda cool. From 5-11, we got a lot of scrapbooking done, they served us dinner, we talked and laughed and just had a good ol' time. The best part? I finally got my sister's wedding scrapbook completed (never mind that her wedding was over a year ago...). Grandpa really liked it and is now requesting I make him a scrapbook for his 80th birthday this year. Hey, whatever Grandpa wants, Grandpa gets! Saturday I was up bright and early running errands and was at Grandpa's by noon to see him and my mommy who was in town for Ashlee's wedding shower. Ashlee's shower was really nice-we were at the Fleur Des Lis Tea Room in Florissant-very cute place. Got to see all my aunts and cousins-Ashlee got some great stuff. I laugh thinking about how they are gonna haul all that stuff back to South Dakota in their Nissan....ha! Saturday night I got to see some of my college friends. We all live in St. Louis, but haven't seen each other in quite some time-life gets in the way, I guess. It was Mike L's 30th birthday, his wife Lori rented out Demolition Ball for two hours of bumper car fun! I hung out with Christi on the sidelines (having twisted my ankle twice in one week, I wasn't sure banging around in a bumper car was such a good idea....). It was soooo good to see them all again. I got to see Mike and Lori's creepy little dogs, Marco and Brody, again too (they are those little mini-greyhounds. Sweet, but creepy). Sunday was Mother's Day and I got my butt up and went to church. Everyone was there-the Baumgartners, Red and Jon, Grandpa and my mommy. After church, Aunt Cheryl met us at the cemetary so we could visit grandma and wish her a happy Mother's Day. We know she watches over us and, in fact, there was a moment when we all got a bit emotional and all of a sudden, one of the rose petals fell off the bouquet-I know she threw it down as if to tell us to knock it off! :) She was sassy like that! Sunday night I went for a 2-mile jog (getting ready for 5K season!) and just chilled. Now it's Tuesday, American Idol night, which you know I love! I'm really sleepy today, have been for the last few days. Must be the PMS......was that TMI?

No comments: