Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quite the controversy

Man, this whole Melinda-getting-booted-from-American Idol-thing has become quite the controversy around the office. My co-worker Michelle is crying just talking about it, even Dr. Smith weighed in with his opinion (he agrees with me, it's the teenyboppers that voted Blake in to the finals, unfortunately, not his talent alone). Melinda was just too old, it's the way it is. It's an ageist society-DEAL WITH IT. She'll have a good broadway career, or battle it out with Natalie Cole and Anita Baker on the adult contemporary charts. Don't feel sorry for her. She'll end up making more money than you and I ever dreamed of making.

I am tired today but in a good mood (weird mix, I know). I have Book Club tonight (yay!), we are celebrating our 4th anniversary as a book club. Isn't that fun? I believe in the four years we've been getting together, we've read exactly................um, five books. Pretty awesome book club, huh? Tonights' food theme is Mexican...good thing, cuz I've been really hungry lately. Must be all that running!

We are gearing up for what is sure to be the social event of the year-Mike's housewarming party on Saturday night. It will be the event to end all events. Only the coolest of the cool will be there.......PLUS, I get to see my Will who I have not seen in quite some time. Yay! :)

No comments: