Saturday, May 26, 2007

Good Saturday so far!

Well, the NAMI walk went well this morning, despite the early morning rain. The turnout was awesome, as you can see, even Fredbird was there! I was proud to be a part of it, it is such a great cause. I had lots of fun walking with Hallie-love that girl! I especially loved the part when we saw this really cute guy jogging with no shirt on-no words were necessary, she and I just looked at each other and started giggling like school girls. LOVE IT!
These are members of the Independence Center, a great organization that provides all kinds of services to those with mental illness.
Here's my team getting started! Woo hoo! Thanks to Hallie, we all had pink ribbons in our hair. I think there were about 10 or 12 of us from the crisis line there-not so bad! Could have been better though!!!!!! We really had a lot of fun, and were done by 10:00am. That was my exercise for the day!



Since I know Mike loves it when I talk about baseball, I must tell you that this afternoon, I finally got to sit down and watch an entire Cubs game-don't think I've done that all year (Mike seriously-I thought you'd like a sport where all the boys wear tight pants....). They were on Fox today. I was laughing as Mark Grace was one of the announcers. Man, I spent most of my adolescence lusting after him (why do you think I became a Cubs fan in the first place???). The Cubs played a great game and my boy Big Z kicked some ass!!!! The bullpen gave us a scare, but the Cubs still won (can we trade our bullpen for yours? They suck!!!). My favorite boy Aramis Ramirez hit a homerun today. My hottie Ryan Theriot wasn't playing today-too bad. Me likes him. My boys are still 3 games under .500, good enough for 2nd place in the NL Central though!!! How pathetic is that?????


Tonight we are going to see PowderKeg. I know Aunt Diane and Aunt Jan will be there. Should e tons of fun. In fact, I'd better jump in the shower and make myself presentable!

No comments: