Monday, August 27, 2007

What's wrong with a hand crank?

That quote came out of my 79 year old grandfather's mouth (or something to that effect...I don't quite remember the details, I was laughing too hard). Yes, we had fine family fun yesterday. After church, the Baumgartners, Red, Jon and myself all went over to Grandpa's house for some oh-so-yummy english muffins topped with I-Can't-Believe-It's-Not-Butter (to which Red replies "oh, I can!") and coffee/Diet Coke. We were having fun, laughing when it hit me....this would be the last time for a long, long time that things would be like this. You see, the reality hit that my sister and brother-in-law are really leaving....a week from today they will be gone to their new home in Dallas. It just made me sad....and I cried all the way home. There were tears at church as it was their last time at Atonement, heck I even got teary-eyed when Jackie sang her solo (beautiful, by the way). I am such a sap in my old age. But more than that, I am really gonna miss my sis (and, yes, even that brother-in-law of mine! :) Ha!). Ok, enough of that sappiness, y'all.....

My Cubs are in trouble, people. Yes, they are still in first place, but are hanging on by a very, VERY thin string. Of course, it didn't help that Grandpa kept saying "isn't it almost September? You know what happens in September, don't you???". To which I always have to reply: "yes Grandpa, I know, the Cubs are Completely Useless By September". Then he laughs. It's a fun little game we play. Real fun. They have a very, very important series starting tomorrow with the second place Brewers....it's make or break time, boys!!!! I'm gonna throw up......I will be at my precious Wrigley Field a week from today! Yay! I hope they are still in first place when I go to see them.....Timbo is going to the Cards/Cubs game with me on September 14. They are my sis and Jon's tickets, but since they are moving to Texas and stuff, they gave me their tickets...I invited Tim as part of his birthday gift (since it didn't cost me anything, I promised him I'd pay for beer....what a good big sister, huh?). :)

I will be putting up a second post today because it is a Certain Someone's birthday today.......

4 comments:

kristy said...

I had fun seeing you on I-70 this morning! Try not to cry...I'm a mess this week!!

KD said...

I know what ya mean, aside from being sad that you are leaving, I am also PMS'ing (I know y'all wanted to know that), so I am cranky, tearful and I FEEL FAT!!!! Yes it was fun seeing you today on the highway...I was like "hey! that's my sis!" :)

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

Don't forget to give your sister a goodbye steamroller before she leaves.

KD said...

Oh, I don't know if I can do the steamroller as good as you, Canada! But I will give it a try...Red, get over here! :)