Thursday, August 16, 2007

Conversation with a fungus

So, I was working at the crisis line last night. My co-worker Laura (a newbie) says to me "I don't know how you do it, working all day then coming here and working at night". Before I had a chance to respond to her, my oh-so-charming co-worker Alex tells her "she comes here to see me". You can imagine the look I shot him, then I turned to Laura and said "it's true, I come here to see Alex" (it may have been said a bit sarcastically, I don't know). Anyway, Alex then proceeds to tell the entire call center about how when he first started there, I couldn't stand him (true). He then tells the story of the time he called me "Ker Bear" and I looked at him and said "uh, you don't call me that". He then says "well, what should I call you then?". And then I said, rather sarcastically/irritably, "my name". Oh, yes, it's true, I couldn't stand the kid (he's like 28, but whatever, still younger than me). So then last night, I fessed up that he had, in fact, kinda grown on me through the months and I just couldn't help but be entertained by him (I mean, who else gets the inside joke about "fibromylanta"?). His response? "I know, I'm like a fungus". It's true, there is a fungus among us, and his name is Alex P. Keaton. We then had a conversation about how his mom asked him if he was gay, but that's a whole nother story.....

OMG, my Cubs suck so bad I can't even take it anymore. I am PISSED. Pissed, I tell you. I stayed up until frickin' MIDNIGHT watching their game last night (it was late due to an hour and a half rain delay), the game was back and forth, up and down all night long. The end result? My boys lost 9-11. The Cubs bullpen S-U-C-K-S hardcore. What a pisser. Wow, I just realized I've said "piss" a lot in this paragraph.....SIDE NOTE: aside from my baseball crush on Rick Ankiel, I also have a bit of a baseball crush on Cubs pitcher Ted Lilly (full name: Theodore Roosevelt Lilly), he's kinda precious............anyway, I am completely sleep deprived. The last time I looked at my alarm clock it was 1:55am, my alarm went off at 6:30am.....that's not a lot of sleep, people. Not a lot at all. I'm sorry in advance for any craziness I may cause today. Can anyone say "slap happy"? I knew you could.

No comments: