Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mikey, Mikey Poo, where are you?

Yes, the title is being sung to the "Scooby Doo" theme song......

I miss my Mikey! It's only Tuesday and already his absence is being felt. It's just so frickin QUIET around here. I don't like it one little bit. I mean sure, Paulette is doing her part to be my Mike replacement, but it just isn't quite the same (she snuck up behind me yesterday and whispered "Ker Bear" in my ear. Scared the crap out of me.....). Jeff says he is enjoying the silence but I think he is just covering up the fact that he misses Mike too.....

Good week of baseball coming up. The Cubs are playing the 2nd place Brewers tonight. My Cubs are holding on to first place by the very tips of their fingernails. And you can't count out those pesky Cardinals....it is against my religion to cheer for the Astros (much as it is to cheer for the Braves), however, it is my civic duty to do so. Have I mentioned that I will be at Wrigley Field on Monday? I am going to go to the Billygoat Tavern and single-handedly REVERSE THE CURSE. Not sure how I'm gonna do that yet, but will keep ya posted.

No comments: