Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I'm sorry, Diet Coke

Is it too much to ask that when I go to QT that my favorite beverage is on tap? I mean, seriously....I have a new route to work. With all the contstruction and whatnot at 40 and 170, I have decided to take 55 to 70 (yes, through downtown) to work. So far, it has gone ok. Along the way there is a QT-my favorite for fountain beverages. Today, I went in, and the Diet Dr Pepper was OUT, I had to settle for Diet Coke. I just said "settle". You see, for years, Diet Coke was my beverage of choice yet, just like that, it has been replaced by Diet Dr Pepper. No, Diet Coke didn't do anything wrong, I just traded her in for a newer, better tasting model-that's all. Is our love affair over??? Only time will tell.....

So, my Cubbies won last night. They were making me a bit nervous as they were down 3-0. I turned to channel 418 to see what the Cards were doing and was quite dismayed to see they were up 7-0. I did a little praying to the baseball gods, and lo and behold-my Cubbies came back and won it. It just happened to be Sweet Lou's 64th birthday-good present, I'd say. Now those pesky Cards are in 2nd place. Is this the downfall of the Brewers? I hope so. I'd love it to be the Cards and Cubs from here on out. Just as long as the NL Central flag waving at the top at Wrigley is the Cubs at years end. Let's play ball!

I really need to start packing for my trip to Chicago. I am leaving bright and early Saturday morning, I have to work tonight and have plans Friday night....guess that leaves tomorrow night to pack, do laundry (so I actually have clothes to wear) and get my s**t together. Good luck with that.

No comments: