Monday, August 13, 2007

There's always next year....and other things we tell ourselves

My Cubs SUCK, y'all. Suck. But you already knew that, didn't you? Smart ass.

How was your weekend? Mine was good, filled with fine, family fun. So glad that I picked the hottest weekend of the year to have a family BBQ/party, but whatever. So, on Friday, after rushing over to Aunt Cheryl's to perform emergency surgery on her flowers (the 100+ temps were totally wreaking havoc on her plant's health), I went over to Grandpa's where mom and dad were. They were hiding in the basement when I got there trying to make me think they weren't home, but I heard Grandpa's big mouth from the air vents. I knew they were down there! We had a VERY exciting dinner folks, VERY exciting. Yes, my parents, grandpa and I went to dinner at...........Bob Evans. Uh....yea. The average age inside the building was approximately 68...and that was counting the teenage service staff. There were a whole bunch of old people up in there. My dad was excited because the senior menu started at age 55. Mom gloated because she was not eligible for said senior menu. I contemplated my choices of pot roast vs baked chicken and decided to go with the fish sandwich.......After dinner, my mom and I grocery shopped and I got busy making my home made chili once we got back to grandpa's. I was the first one to go to bed (Grandpa was like "why is everyone going to bed?"), I just couldn't hang with the senior citizens, I guess. I laughed at all the crazy things my grandpa said throughout the weekend. Every time he said something crazy, we'd joke about calling "the home" and "someone go call Delmar Gardens and get him a bed". Nothing like harrassing your nearly 80 year old grandfather about going into a nursing home! Especially when he's healthier than you are! Ah, gotta love family.....especially mine.

Saturday was Red and Jon's going away party at Aunt Mary's. Mom and I got there early to decorate. Rachel and I pretty much kick ass at decorating. We're gonna open our own company. I especially loved when we threw that garland on top of the mailbox and just stuck a bunch of tape to it to get it to stay down. It looked HOT. I think the party was quite successful. Red and Jon wore their special cowboy/cowgirl hats (especially loved it when Jon turned the brim of the hat down-he looked like he was about to go into the rice paddies in Vietnam.....). I was worried about not having enough food, but there was PLENTY. In fact, I still have a ton of it in my fridge. If I never see another bbq'ed hotdog again, it'll be too soon! :) I'll post some pix just as soon as I get my home computer up and running. I have mom and dad's old one now, but the ethernet cable is not compatible. Gotta figure out a way to make it work.....I'll get back to ya on that one.

Sunday, I went to church with the fam then went to work at the crisis line from noon to 4pm. The crisis line was NOT fun. It was quite busy and I was basically running out the door screaming by 4pm. My evening was filled with grocery shopping (in which I forgot my wallet. Seems it had fallen out of my purse in my apartment. SO embarrassing. They bagged up my groceries and held them while I ran home to get my wallet...thank God I literally live a minute away from Schnucks!) and then a nice, HOT, jog. There is nothing like jogging in this weather. I did ok, but my ass (literally, my ass) is sore today. Ugh. Between that and my infected foot, I am a big ol' mess!

My sis and I are having dinner tonight, that should be a good time. My Cubbies have a MUCH NEEDED day off (hey, they played 20 days in a row-leave them alone, ok?). We are pretty busy at work today, so I'd best get at it. Have a good week y'all! I have book club this week (yay!) and Girls Nite Out on Sat nite (double yay!) and brunch with Sue and Renee on Sunday. Always busy, always fun. Peace out.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I miss you! John and I honked and yelled "hi" to you when we passed the signs to Salem on our way back from Arkansas.

When can we do dinner? We need to get with Renee and get this show on the road!

KD said...

Awwww...u and JP are so sweet! I will see Renee on Thu....let's plan dinner! When r u free? Email me!