Monday, August 06, 2007

...and how was YOUR weekend?

Mine was fairly uneventful. I spent most of it in Salem hanging out with the fam. Saturday morning, Grandpa and I headed down to the big town. I realized how special it was to be able to ride in a car with him for two hours, lots of quality time. Because, as Grandpa says "I am almost 80 you know". The two of us talked non-stop! And I thought we got out chattiness from Grandma.... :) Once in Salem, we all just kinda hung out. We watched the Cubs/Mets game as a family with my Cubbies kicking ass (of course), mom was slaving away in the kitchen all day and made some amazing food (that blackberry cobbler was TO DIE FOR!!!!). The dogs were entertaining as usual (with Chloe added in the mix). Hank was in love and Stubby was pissed off. It was some good times. Saturday night, Red, Jon, Tim and I went to Rolla to see that movie "Hot Rod". It was the most retardedest movie I have ever seen in my life, yet we all laughed the entire time. I have two words for you-"house cat". After the movie we went to this bar in Rolla and had some beer, Tim's "man-tourage" showed up. I'm talkin' like a good 10-15 people. It was quite a crowd. We weren't out long, probably because Red, Jon and I are, well.....old. On Sunday, we went to church, Red and Jon headed home, dad, Grandpa and I watched the Cardinals game, it was fairly uneventful, but relaxing. Now I'm back at work, it's a crazy Monday as usual. My Cubbies best player is out for a month (Alfonso Soriano), that is NOT good news. Hopefully, they can keep pace with the Brewers without him! GO CUBS!

No comments: