Thursday, August 30, 2007

Random babblings....

Is "babblings" a word?

Congratulations to my friends Tanya and Allison-they both recently got their LPC license (licensed professional counselor-same as me!). Very exciting-it is a long, long road to getting your license-two years of grad school followed by two years of supervision (not to mention one very ugly licensure exam) plus dealing with the State of Missouri's office of Professional Counseling. A long road indeed.

I am sleepy this morning and for some reason, my legs are cramping. What is that about? Am I finally to that age where your body reacts to the weather (cloudy, humid and rainy)? WTF? After working twelve hours yesterday, I met up with my sister and Jon and their friends at Hacienda. Their friends were throwing them a goodbye happy hour. I didn't care how tired I was, I knew it was the last time I will see them.......at least until October when I go visit them in Dallas. But it was the last time I'd see them as residents of St. Louis. It is kinda surreal to think of my sister living in another state (and that year in Kansas doesn't count!). It may not sound like a big deal to most of you because, I mean, people move all the time, right? NOT IN OUR FAMILY! For the most part, we all stick around St. Louis/Missouri/Illinois. The only ones who have left are my cousins and that is because they are in the military. So, for my sister and brother-in-law to move to friggin' Texas, it's a big deal. I could get all sappy and stuff, but why? I am happy for them. It is a great opportunity and truly, I think my sis will thrive in the Dallas culture. :) I can't wait to go visit-my parents are going the same weekend I am (electing to drive from Salem, Mo to Dallas, I, on the other hand, will be flying, thank you very much, totally worth the $146 plane ticket). Southfork, here we come! Will Bobby Ewing be there? What about Sue Ellen?

No comments: