Thursday, August 02, 2007

ch..ch..ch..ch..chitus

OMG, one of the things I love about my job is seeing other people's reports and laughing at all the misspelled diagnoses and meds....today, I had a really funny one. The patient has "fibromyalgia", it was spelled two different ways on the report-"fibromialiga" and "fibromialgis". Either way, it's funny. It was also noted that the patient has "chronic bronchitus" (uh, not sure what that is....) and an atopic pregnancy (uh, isn't that ectopic?).

3 comments:

Diane said...

Kerri,

I haven't heard any mention of Capt'n Jacks tonight...are you going? We tried to get Grandpa to go, but he thinks you're leaving for Salem tonight........(figured we could get him real tired, so you could drive all the way to Salem without him complaining in the morning....oh well, we tried!)

KD said...

I don't think so. Since I am gonna be in Salem all weekend, I just kinda wanna chill tonite. Plus, Grandpa and I are leaving bright and early tomorrow....9am!

Anonymous said...

I had an young fresh R.N. at DPHC all upset last night b/c my 14 y/o pt tested +amphetamines. Wanna guess what meds he's on?? I hate the stupid. And one of our docs--referred to one of our repeat customers as a schizotard. Would that be a I or II? Is it the heat or are people extra stupid this week?