Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sleepovers and rubbers

So last night was our annual Book Club Sleepover (there is nothing like a group of grown women having a sleepover-really, it is SO much fun!) at Christina's new house (gorgeous, by the way). We were minus Sally because she had the NERVE to GIVE BIRTH the night before....Congratulations Sally and Chris!!! Little (and by "little", I mean nine and a half pounds) Declan Heath came into the world Friday night-I can't wait to meet him!!!!

The fun started with our drive out to Christina's. I swung by and picked Renee up since we live on the same street and all, things were going fine until we were on Hwy 270, suddenly I was like "uh, Renee, look behind us" (in a slightly panicked voice), because, you see, coming up on us fast was this big van with a giant ceramic dog on top of it. Seems Kennelwood Village thinks that's cute....I was just freaked out. Needless to say, Renee and I were laughing so hard I thought I was going to drive off the road. Then we stopped at Schnucks and I swear the name of the plaza was Monkey Plaza (it wasn't-clearly I can't read). By the time we got to Christina's we were worn out!

We first went to the Painted Zebra and painted pottery-SO much fun-especially watching Renee get frustrated with her vase and Krista who kept painting hers over and over and over again. I painted a vase as well-tried to match it to the colors of my living room. We'll see how well it turns out after they fire it in the kiln. We get to pick them up on Thursday. After that, we went back to Christina's, ordered pizza ("did we order three pizzas???"), ate a bunch of junk food (cheese dip, anyone?) and laughed-A LOT. We played a couple of board games-Team Short Bus lost again (yes, I'm on that team-did you have any doubt?). We played the board game "Imagine If", which quickly turned into "Let's tell each other all our dirty little secrets" (I won't discuss this further-we're keeping the blog clean people!!!). We did some drinking (the strawberry daiquiris were awesome), which may have been why we thought it was a good idea to tell all our dirty little secrets......There were, of course, many good one liners that came out of the night, nicely written on a paper plate. Here's a sample:

"There's a rubber!"-said by Cheryl, it had something to do with the smootie maker...
"Does the rubber go on the inside?"-said by Christina, supposedly regarding the smoothie maker....
"It's her time to go"-said by Krista, describing one of Scott's older relatives....nice.
"We haven't done Maggie in awhile"-said by Christina during our game of Imagine If.
"I squirted too hard on the third drop"-said by Scott (Krista's husband) as reported by Krista while on the phone with him...he was talking about putting their 2 year old's ear drops in, people!
"What's this a chunk of? It must be a strawberry because it's soft"-said by Cheryl, who was reading too much into her daiquiri....
"You've had others!"-said by Cheryl to Krista, talking about her "hookups" in college, to which Krista replied "Oh, lots, lots".
"You look at it and you stick it in there"-said by Shannon. I have no idea what this was regarding, however.....

So, overall, it was a really fun night, I didn't sleep much, but thats ok. Today is Super Bowl Sunday, I personally could care less, I think I'm gonna get caught up on my scrapbooking. Or take a nap.........

P.S. Krista-you owe me a date with Get 'Er Done!!!!!! :)

No comments: