Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Single's Awareness Day!!!



It's Single's Awareness Day, according to my friend Mike. Or it's I Don't Have A Boyfriend But That's Ok Day. Take your pick. I heard the most romantic Valentine's Day song on the radio this morning...."Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot. Nice, huh?

Flashback to Valentine's Day 2006 (sorry J, but I feel compelled to tell the story....). KD ends up with a dislocated ankle as the result of a wrestling mishap. I never knew a bone could make that loud of a popping sound.......but it can. You see, J and I were just killing time while dinner cooked (yes, I cooked, it was a roast and it was really good, thank you very much), and were wrestling (I mean, what else would you be doing while you're waiting for dinner to cook???). It was fun, that is until we heard "POP", and J says "Uh, was that your ankle?". Oh yes, it was. I didn't feel any pain at first (because it was numb), but by the next morning, I couldn't walk and ended up at Urgent Care. Let me tell you how unpleasant it is to have your ankle popped back into place...I said some really, really bad words, scored some Vicodin and made J take care of me (I milked it for all it was worth). Wasn't that a fun story?

This Valentine's Day I will be spending at the crisis line. Romantic, I know. I guess you don't have to be IN love to celebrate Valentine's Day. So, to all those I love (friends and family)-Happy Valentine's Day and Bah Humbug.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks lol you know as a cage fighter that happenes alot

KD said...

yes, but i am NOT a cage fighter...it wasn't a fair match!

Anonymous said...

lol i know but it was funny you said at first you know i didnt mean it

KD said...

Yes, I know you didn't mean it! :)