Sunday, February 18, 2007

I'm Too Old for Mardi Gras: The True Story of a Drunk Girl

Yikes. Mardi Gras is rough, man! Oh, I had fun, don't get me wrong, but there is just something not right about being intoxicated at like 3 in the afternoon (I think at one point I even said "OMG, it's not even dark yet!"). Yesterday was fun alright (and before anyone freaks out, we DID have a designated driver-my friend Carrie was sick, so she carted us all around in the family mini van-nice, huh?).

The day started with lunch with the aunts, my sis and a couple of my cousins. That was fun, especially when I banged my head on the light fixture (you know a light is hanging down too low when a girl that is only 5'2" is hitting her head on it....). Anyway, after that, I hightailed it over to Erin's new house, got there around 2:20pm and seriously had a good buzz on by 3:00 (can you tell I really don't drink much-no seriously, I really don't....). Two drinks and I was ready to go! Carrie dumped our stupid asses off at Broadway Oyster Bar and the fun began. Us gals were drinking buckets of hurricanes (literally, they were purple buckets, with a handle and everything!), I think we all did a Jaeger shot (disgusting, by the way) and basically just sat up at the bar and drank (my friends John and Val knew the bartenders so we basically drank for free-nice, huh?). We saw Beatle Bob there! Does everyone know who I'm talking about? If you are in St. Louis, you have probably heard of, or seen, Beatle Bob. He is usually dressed in some brightly colored leisure suit and has a Beatles bowl haircut. He is at most local festivities. He's a semi local celebrity, I guess. Anyway, it was funny....I can't wait till we get the pictures developed....We hung out in the tent as well and hung out with a group of Hell's Angels (for real, they were), they were very nice and some good times. Apparently, at one point I called my friend Renee and left her a drunken voicemail (which today she informed me she listened to on speaker phone with some friends of hers and laughed at me....). We then decided our time there was over and we proceeded to go to the Tin Can...LOVE it! That was fun. Erin and I met a group of really cute guys...the one guy was like "you are both really cute, but you have to stop telling people you're Cubs fans, it could be a deal breaker". Oh, is that all I have to do? Noted. The Tin Can was fun too. Boogie fell backwards out of his chair, Carrie braided all the girls hair and we drank beer in a can. What was funny was that at this point, it was only like 8 or 9pm, it felt much, much later than that.....at some point we decided it would be a good idea to go sing some karaoke, so off to Gitto's we went. Karaoke Rick was in the house (if anyone listens to the Craig Cornett Morning Radio Show on 93.7 the Bull, you know who Karaoke Rick is), Boogie and I sang the classic "My Humps". Boogie didn't know the words, so I had to sing the boy and girl parts...I'm sure it was hot. After that, we just danced and laughed and listened to crappy karaoke all night. It was so much fun, and although I didn't wake up until 10am today, I don't feel hung over.

I'm going to my girl Heidi's baby shower this afternoon. I made her promise we wouldn't play any games in which one would have to taste baby food....she better make good on her promise.....

No comments: