Thursday, February 01, 2007

Pregnant people are so funny

My dear friend Heidi is so freakin' funny. She is expecting her first baby in May and let me tell you, being around her during her pregnancy is hilarious. From her random food cravings (waffle fries, anyone?) to her need to urinate every 15-20 minutes, there is never a dull moment.

Tonight, Heidi informed me that her belly button was, and I quote, "coming to the surface". I felt bad laughing out loud because she was very, very serious. She relates this story to me about how she noticed that the area around her belly button was dryer that the rest of her belly. So, to combat this, she used about a half bottle of cocoa butter lotion and noticed that her belly button was changing. Which, if your belly is growing, it's bound to happen. She is now freaked out and obsessed about this. And I just sit and laugh at her.

What else are friends for? By the way, the picture is NOT of Heidi.

No comments: