Saturday, February 17, 2007

HAPPY MARDI GRAS!


Ok, so technically, Mardi Gras isn't until Tuesday, but the Annual St. Louis Mardi Gras Celebration is today. I am soooooo not going to the parade. Did that one year with my friend John (yes, Heidi's hubby). Let me tell you, being drunk off jello shots at 9am is not at all pleasant...anyway, I find it kinda funny that Mardi Gras is such a big party. Because, really it is the start of a really important time in the Catholic, and in my case, Lutheran, church. The day after is Ash Wednesday (which I will be missing church this year, by the way, have to go to a work related happy hour...I know, I know....) then Good Friday then Lent officially begins for the next 40 days until Easter. Maybe Mardi Gras is a party because the Lenten time is about self sacrifice and a kind of calm reflection....ok, enough of my religious rants....LET'S PARTY!

First of all, why in the hell am I awake right now? It is 8am on a Saturday. I've actually been awake since around 6:30, which is near the time I get up during the week. Guess my body just can't sleep in anymore. Anyway, I guess I am feeling ok. Still have some goo in my nose (pleasant, I know) and a bit of a scratchy throat, but I think I'm gonna make it and will be ready to party with my peeps this afternoon. Yes, it's snowing outside (not as much as they said though) and it's really cold (but isn't it sad that lately, 30 degrees sounds warm to us???), but I'm sure there will still be thousands upon thousands of people out today. Yippee. My crew and I are going to a place where we can party and have fun....but still be indoors. Ingenious, I tell you! First I will be having lunch with my sis, my aunts and my cousins, then it's off to Ern's for a mini house warming party, since she officially moved into her new house last week (yay Ern!).

If you are going out for Mardi Gras, please be careful! Don't flash too many people, ok? You may end up on the internet somewhere, and no one wants that....

No comments: