Friday, February 16, 2007

No Mardi Gras?


I LOVE Mardi Gras. Everyone who knows me knows that. However, I am not sure I'm gonna make it. The idea of standing outside in the snow and freezing temperatures just isn't appealing to me. Call me old and cranky, but it's just not. I believe we are coming up with alternative plans, however. As long as I can get outta bed (still feeling on the verge of developing some major illness) tomorrow, I will be celebrating, some way, somehow! I am such a trooper......all in the name of drinking and partying.....right now I have this weird I-don't-feel-good-but-I'm-high-on-cappucino feeling. I'm not sure what to do about it.

Ok, so now I believe the salmonella outbreak has spread throughout my team at work. Yesterday, Mike disclosed that he, himself, owned the dreaded Peter Pan peanut butter (I believe in fairies...). Today, my co-worker Julie disclosed that she, too, owned the tainted peanut butter, so we now have our very own outbreak at UBH. Red-I think you need to come and investigate....STAT.

Having lunch with all the female members of the family tomorrow, that'll be fun. Then on Sunday is my girl Heidi's baby shower. I swear to God Heidi, if you make me look at your belly button, I am soooooooo outta there! :)

2 comments:

kristy said...

Read my blog...i had the same pb in my pantry and guess what? we've been eating it for months with no illness. they have not found the bacteria in any jar of PB...its just statistically associated with the illness. These food recalls create pandemonium for no reason, in my opinion. We have a case in SCC, and let me tell you, if the CDC is using data like that for all these cases, then this investigation is pure crapola.

KD said...

I knew you'd have the answer sister dear, after all, you are Miss Health Department 2007 :0

You know how the media likes to sensationalize things...