Saturday, February 10, 2007

KD and Jaeger-bombs: not a good combo.....

Oh my. Got a bit of a headache this morning. Must have been the shots last night (damn you, girls!). For all y'all that pooped out on us, you missed some fun. Karaoke night at Gitto's was some good times, and you missed your opportunity to hear me sing (I know, it is something you have all wished for.....). Denise and I did "I Will Survive" and "Summer Nights" (two karaoke must-haves....). It was hot.

The evening started with dinner at Stir Crazy-I love that place! Thanks to everyone that made it out to dinner-I had so much fun and it made me so happy to have so many of my friends with me! After dinner, we were gonna make a side trip to a local tattoo place (don't worry mom-I did not get another tattoo...), but it was closing early, so the only plan that made sense was to head out to Gitto's! Apparently my friends thought shots for the birthday girl was a good idea. I recall one I believe was called brass balls, and I did a peppermint schnapps shot (thanks Grandpa for getting me started on that one!) and then, I did my very first Jaeger-bomb. I always refused to do them because I don't like the taste of licorice, which is what Jaeger tastes like. Well, the Jaeger-bomb kinda tastes like a sweet-tart.....in other words....I LIKED IT!

I also loved having guys flirt with me and buy me drinks and dance with me and call me beautiful (I don't know about you, but I don't get called that every day....). I mean, sure, we were in a bar, all drinking, but still, I'll take a compliment anywhere I can get it. Oh, and I got my ass grabbed twice-hey, I'll take it.....I met a very nice guy named Matt (I believe there are pictures of me with him floating around somewhere...you may see it here in the near future...) and another guy named Ryan (who stopped speaking to me after it was announced that I was a Cubs fan.....can't say I blame him). And there was another birthday person-Bob, who was too cute and I danced with him to the song "Crazy Bitch". Nice, I know. Then there was Bob's cousin, I think his name was Dan, he kept asking us to go back to his house so we could all have a "dance off"....uh, is that what they are calling it nowadays? I'm happy to report I went home alone....it was just fun for me to be out there, ya know? Flirting with boys is what I do best.....and I really hadn't been feeling like flirting for the last few months-but I think I'm ready now! Watch out! :)

The best part is that no one believed I was 31. I think they were all genuinely shocked which made me feel good. Although one guy said "I mean, 31 is old, but you don't look it". Uh, gee....thanks. Yea, he was 26. Hello, cradle robber......

So, overall, it was a great birthday. Thanks so much to everyone who helped me celebrate, and celebrate, and celebrate, and celebrate......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bd i forgot

KD said...

Thx J! I'm almost as old as you now.... :)

Anonymous said...

lol youll never catch me lol

KD said...

It's true, I won't!