Saturday, February 03, 2007

Do you remember? Don't lie! You know you do....

I remember watching Duck Tales after school. And yes, I can still sing the theme song...duck tales, woo hoo!

I remember this kid named Joe made a pair of Hammer pants in our 9th grade Home Ec class...they were HOT!

I LOVED The Babysitters Club! My sister and I literally had all the books (like 60 or 70 of them!)

Remember when Michael Jackson was still black? I had a huge poster of him over my bed (it's true!). Red and I used to listen to "Thriller" with the lights out and scared ourselves silly!

You know you had a stone washed jean jacket! I put New Kids On The Block pins all over mine!

And you know you wore flourescent! I remember this was about 7th or 8th grade for me. I know I had a pair of hot pink biker shorts....sexy, huh?

I loved this game! In fact, I played it with Jesse's daughters not all that long ago!

Now, the Ninja Turtles were more my brothers thing-he had all four of them-you know-the like 18 inch tall ones? And, yes I can name them all-Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Rafael!





Remember "I've fallen and I can't get up?"Classic.

Oh, the jelly shoes. I know I had some, don't remember what colors, though.

I remember making these friendship bracelets. They were really hard to make!

I LOVED He-Man! Watched it every day after school. If you play your cards right, I may even do the theme song for you...yes, I still remember it. Here's a sample "Only three others share this secret. Our friends The Sorceress, Man-At-Arms and Orco. Together, we defend the secrets of Castle GraySkull from the evil forces of Skeletor!". Sad, I know. I also remember playing He-Man with our cousins Matt and Chris on their farm in Illinois. We always made Red be the stupid girl, She-Ra, I wanted to be one of the cool boy characters! And who knew that He-Man would become a gay icon?

Oh, Hypercolor shirts. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

What can I say about New Kids On The Block. I was in love with (and going to marry) Jordan. Red and I had our bedroom walls plastered with their pictures.We saw them twice-once at Six Flags and once at the old Arena. I thought I'd love them forever....

If a Saved By The Bell re-run was on right now, I'd watch it.

Did anyone have their birthday party at McDonalds? I don't think I ever did. Mom, didn't Tim have one there? Or am I making that up?

I totally had a Rainbow Brite doll. It was the coolest thing ever!

Remember tight rolling your jeans? I remember thinking there is no way I will every NOT tight roll my jeans.....

Oh, we had a slip and slide. Many summers of fun with that one....

You know you used to put your hair up in a banana clip!

Big hair. I had it in high school. Some people still have it....

Mullets. I am traumatized by my 4th grade mullet (and, no, you cannot see a picture of it). My mom says it was all the rage and I really wanted that cut. Horrifying.

Shot through the heart, and you're to blame! You give love a bad name. Enough said.

Wasn't that time fun? What other 80's/90's stuff do you remember?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me and my buddy still sing the Ducktales theme song at work on occassion. Check out this link for TV show intros

http://www.retrojunk.com/list_tvshows/1980/pop-1/

KD said...

Canada-somehow, I don't doubt that! You are such a silly boy.... :)

Anonymous said...

What's wrong with you???

Why do you have a picture of an old man for "I've fallen and I can't get up"? Everyone knows that it is an elderly lady. You might as well have that guy saying "Where's the Beef?"

KD said...

ok, i thought it was an old lady too...whomever started the email i got those pix from better check their facts next time! :)

Anonymous said...

I guess I'll let it slide then.

On a separate note, Slippery When Wet was the first tape I owned. Talk about a CLASSIC!!!!

KD said...

Canada-I always knew I liked you for a reason. Now I know what it is-you are the coolest man alive. Do you still have your Slippery When Wet tape? My first tape that I can remember is The Gambler by Kenny Rogers. Classic.

Anonymous said...

I am sure it is probably over at my parents somewhere . . . over with all of the other tapes and records floating around. You probably can't relate . . . didn't you grow up in the 8 track era (or area)???

KD said...

oooo...them's fightin' words, Tessier! are you daring to call me OLD? I'll have you know that I don't even know what an 8 track looks like, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Be careful . . .

One false move and the Dolphin get's it!!!

P.S. : As if, you probably had 8 track earrings when you were in high school

KD said...

don't bring the dolphin into this, he didn't do anything wrong! (as if i even know where that thing is...). 8 track earrings, huh? you are walking a fine line my friend. a fine line.