Thursday, January 11, 2007

whew! I'm out of my funk!

blah (blä) Informal.n.
Worthless nonsense; drivel.
blahs A general feeling of discomfort, dissatisfaction, or depression: “Monday morning Oscar woke up with the blahs” (New Yorker).

adj. Dull and uninteresting.
Low in spirit or health; down: sat around all day feeling blah.
[Imitative of meaningless talk.]

blah blah adv.

After just feeling blah and sleepy the last few days, I am finally out of whatever funk I was in. I know you missed me-don't lie. Today I was dancing with Mike in the aisles at work. Clearly, I am feeling better. We have also been practicing our word of the week. Today's word is "aiight". My co-worker Anne has a deck of cards that have various, uh, street terms on them. About once a week, we draw a card to determine the new word of the week, then we have to use it in a sentence, as in "that guy is aiight". It's pretty funny hearing a bunch of white people try to be street. We are easily entertained, huh? Some of my past favorites include: "dime out", "tap" and "mack". Good times.

It's almost the weekend again-yay! I am gonna try my best to have a low key weekend. After having been out of town for the last two weekends, I just wanna chill. I am getting my hair done tomorrow (good bye gray, hello highlights!) and may do happy hour with my sister. I am also doing dinner with my friends Renee and Heidi on Saturday. Thats about it, other than the usual-grocery shopping, cleaning, etc. I'm not working at all this weekend-yahoo.

Anyone else doing anything fun? I really wanna go bowling for some reason. Or to the movies. Any takers???????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you swing on by, I'll treat for bowling

KD said...

i think you should come by here. i don't like driving such far distances in the dark...... :)

maybe another road trip to BC should be in the works....but only if you still have that jukebox in your living room and some cold molson.....

Anonymous said...

Why would we ever get rid of the jukebox? Remember, just head North until you hit the TransCanada Highway, take a left until you reach the 160th street exit, turn left, then a right at 96th avenue and a right at the hospital.

P.S. : I'll make sure there is some Molson Canadian in the fridge

KD said...

ah yes, how could i forget the TransCanada highway.....ok, Canada, if I leave now, I should be there around, oh....Wednesday!