Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy 34th Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!!


Whew! 34 years! I can't imagine being with someone for that long without wanting to kill them. I mean, seriously. Nowadays, 34 years is like some kind of world record, or something. Yes, tomorrow is my parents 34th wedding anniversary. Can ya believe it? I'd blog tomorrow, but I'll be at a wedding (someone else in the world is choosing to have their wedding day on January 6!). Mom, dad-back on January 6, 1973, did you in a million years imagine you'd be here today? You know, with three of the most awesome, wonderful children two people could ask for.....I'm betting that they go out to dinner on Saturday and will either go to a. Applebee's, b. Steak and Shake, or c. St. Louis Bread Company. You see, in their neck of the woods, the choice of "eateries" (dad's word, not mine) is limited. In fact, just to go to one of those three places, they have to drive to a town that's 30 miles away. If they stay in Salem, their options would be either the half Taco Bell/half KFC or the skanky McDonalds......

In all seriousness, Mom and Dad-I hope you have a great anniversary. You give me hope that someday I, too, will find someone who wants to be with me for 34 years (although if I don't get going, that may be cut short due to general life expectancy. I don't think I'm gonna live to be 107). I love you guys much. Have fun at the Bread Company......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kerri for all the good wishes.It is hard to believe that it has been 34 years. But then -- time flies when you're having fun!We are planning to go to Rolla to see a movie and have dinner. I am kind of feeling Bread Co -- How did you know?

KD said...

well, you guys are pretty predictable (especially dad....)!!!! what movie are you gonna see? I hear "We Are Marshall" is really good, and a tearjerker!

KD said...

Oh yes, how could I forget Stephens? Thats where we hosted mom and dads 30th anniversary party. We got all their friends and both sides of our family to drive to Salem for the big event. How we pulled that off, I'll never know. Not sure how we'll top it next year for their 35th.....