Sunday, January 21, 2007

I'm a magnet

Yes, if you are an obnoxiously drunk dude who has been sitting at the bar for hours, waiting for new prey, you WILL hit on me. It's what I attract. I can't help it. Going to see Powder Peg was an adventure last night. Erin and I braved the unknown (rural St. Charles County) and traveled in search of the Portage Grill. The drive was fine, then it began snowing, then snowing a bit harder, then a bit harder after that. Driving to Portage Des Sioux reminded me of all those rural highways in Dent County. I actually thought that's where I was for a minute (but that's just cuz I was disoriented. And, yes, I was driving). Just when we thought were were lost in Deliverance Territory, we found the road sign for Highway J. As well pulled into the big town (population around 300), we knew right away where the happenin' hot spot was-and Powder Keg was already rockin' the house. We met up with Aunt Diane and some of her work friends (Aunt D-that one lady was NOT right! I loved her!). I thought the band sounded great. Then there were the two drunk dudes at the bar. One actually grabbed my arm, which was waaaaaay uncool, you do not touch me without previously obtained permission.....the other would have been cute (I guess) if he wasn't so wasted. He kept staring at me from across the bar, and making excuses to walk by me. I was, of course, horrified. Erin and my aunt thought it was funny, however. And all night, Erin kept saying "Kerri's got a new boyfriend". Real supportive friends, huh???? :) Oh, and Mikey Poo, your name came up. They for real played some Toby Keith and we all thought of you. Isn't that sweet??? ;) I did a shot with Uncle Jimmy (peppermint schnaps-Grandpa would have been so proud!). We decided to leave fairly early because the weather really was pretty bad. Everything was covered with snow. I let Erin drive since she was sober (wasn't that responsible of me?). It took us over an hour to get home. We had to go about 35 mph most of the way, but we made it home, alive and well. I fully intended to go to church today, but remembering how bad the roads were last night, I can't imagine they have them fully cleaned off yet, and I really didn't want to drive in that crap. So, here I am at home when I should be at church. I think I'm gonna go do the dishes. Doesn't that sound like fun? Anyone wanna help?

5 comments:

Diane said...

It WAS funny!!! But, I have to tell you something which is going to break your heart, I know. Your dude was hitting on some drunken brunette after you left......he had to pick her up off the floor a few times (literally). Imagine how bad SHE was if HE had to pick her up off the floor! Oh well, don't cry too hard in your beer.......

The rest of the night went well and they've been asked to play back there already. So, who knows? Maybe you'll still have a chance to get to know your drunk dude!

KD said...

damn, we weren't even together and he's already broken up with me! yea sounds about right, that's the way my life goes nowadays...anyway, we stole a poster from that night and Mike now has it in his cube at work! good times! we will be back!

KD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

I took a poster for you, too, but you'll have to get a new one, since they've officially changed their bass player. Jennifer says hello (she thinks you and Erin are sooooo cute.....)

KD said...

i thought the bass player was a different guy! i was confused for a minute! jennifer is insane (in a good way). hell, she bought me beer-i love her! :)