Monday, January 29, 2007

Day trip to Wentzville

Ok, so it's not really a day trip, but it did take me an hour each way to get to Aunt Mary's house in Wentzville (I was in the car for TWO HOURS-who does that sound like, Red?????). Anyway, my baby cousin Ben was in town, he just came back from overseas in Qatar. We got to meet his fiancee, Ashlee. She is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! And she was able to hold her own with our gigantic, sometimes obnoxious family. Ben-she's a keeper! Aunt Mary decided to have a family dinner so we could all see Ben and meet Ashlee (they actually live in South Dakota). A family gathering with our clan is never boring. My lovely, darling sister got herself locked in the bathroom and at the same time managed to get her 3-inch heel stuck in the heat register. Sorry, Red, but I warned you that would make the blog! :) Then there was also my 15 year old cousin Kelly who took a header down the stairs and wound up with a rather large scratch on her face.....that gracefulness must be genetic....the dinner was fun though, and, as always, I love seeing my family.

I also got a nice surprise on Saturday. My brother Timbo called to advise me he was on his way to St. Louis. Seems he was heading to the hockey game with some dudes from work and informed me that, afterwards, we were all gonna "party". Uh....what? I'm almost 31 years old...I don't so much "party" anymore. But anyway....our "partying" consisted of me, Tim and Jon sitting on the couch watching Arrested Development (great show, by the way) and playing with Chloe. It was OUT OF CONTROL. I wasn't sure I was gonna be able to drive myself home........

Now, another week is upon us. We are slammed today at work. Luckily, I do not work job #2 tonight (but I will Wed and Thu). Next weekend is already packed. And then the next weekend is icky birthday weekend. Plans are still developing for that. I know we are doing something, I just don't know what or where. Stay tuned.

No comments: