Saturday, January 13, 2007

eye-graine

I think I made that word up, but today, it's what I have. A migraine headache that is centered around my right eye. Very random, I know. It hurts like a son-of-a-%&$###. Seriously. Along with my eye-graine is it's good friend, nausea. Fun, good times, had by all. I have some blurred vision in my eye that the experts at webmd assure me is normal.....I'm pretty sure what triggered it is that I slept too much last night. I took advantage of the fact that I could sleep in today and now I am paying the price. It's feeling a bit better now that I have taken what I am sure is more than the recommended dosage of ibuprofen....Now that my headache has lifted a bit, I am working on the one project I have been avoiding for quite some time. Mainly, because thinking about it is overwhelming. And makes me want to cry. Yes, folks, I am CLEANING OUT MY CLOSET. It is a daunting task, for sure. So much so, that I must do it in shifts. My latest break is almost over.....

Mom, you'd be happy to know that I put that Old Navy gift card to good use. Thanks to their sales and the gift card from you, I was able to get two new shirts, a pair of jeans AND a coat. Pretty good, huh?

Happy Birthday today to my Uncle Craig. Hope you are having a great day!

Hope y'all are staying inside and safe from the first Ice Storm of 2007. Anyone lost their power? I still have mine, but the second wave of the storm is supposed to hit tonight, so here's hopin' I don't wake up in the middle of the night because my apartment temp is below freezing (because the electricity went out, get it?). I was supposed to have dinner with friends tonight, however, the pending storm has put those plans on hold (we really didn't want our 5 month pregnant friend driving in this weather! Right, Heidi?). Ugh, looks like a cozy night in with me, myself and I. And a good book. And my blankies. And some extra ibuprofen, just in case.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Kerri,

I can sympathize with your "eye-graine" (What a great word to describe them!) I get them frequently -- hope you're feeling better today.

On a separate note, Powder Keg is playing in Portage de Sioux next Saturday night (not too far from us.) I am planning on going. Tell Mike about it (maybe he can hear some Toby Keith songs). Think we can get some of the aunts to go, too? We'll have our girls' lunch that day.

KD said...

I am feeling better today, thanks! I am totally down with seeing Powder Keg next Saturday. I'll talk to Mike tomorrow...you know how he loves his Toby Keith! :) Yea, lets talk about it at our lunch next weekend. Count me in!