Sunday, April 22, 2007

It's a boy....and another boy.....and another boy!

I have welcomed three little fishies into my home. I don't know if they are boys or girls or not, but for arguments sake, I am calling them boys and their names are Aramis, D Lee and Lou (after my two favorite Cubbies and their fearless leader, Lou Piniella). Yes, my Cubs lost 2 of 3 to the stupid Cardinals this weekend, but that's ok! Did you watch the game today? Ended up 12-9 Cardinals in 10 innings, but what a game! Michael Barrett wants to play the Cards every day! (he was awesome). They play each other again in St. Louis this week, so we shall see what happens! I still love my team, no matter what!

I had a really nice weekend. Yesterday was Jessica's baby shower. It was great having lunch and spending time with the women in my family. I sooooo can't wait to meet this new little person! It won't be long now! Last night was the employee appreciation dinner at Bevo Mill for the crisis line. Tanya met me at my apartment and off we went for some free food, free drinks and door prizes. And let me tell you about the door prizes...........I won $100 CASH MONEY! Yes! I was loving it, so when Hallie suggested we go with her, Lori and Alex to R Bar, I didn't even mind the $10 cover charge! I ran into my brother-in-law Jon's sister, Alyssa, there-that was too funny. She was like "hey-I know you!". Steve Ewing, the former lead singer of The Urge was there too, that was cool. I soooooo loved that guy in college-went to many an Urge show in my day! Tanya and I didn't stay out too long (I guess we are just too old and uncool to "hang").

Today I met my friends Renee and Sue for brunch (along with Sue's 4 year old, Kyra) at Des Peres Park and ran into my friend Val and her husband and two kids-that was cool! We all had lunch together. After that, I came home to watch my Cubbie's get spanked by the Cards (I am SO lovin' the Cards games being on Channel 5 though!), did some grocery shopping, and here I am, just chillin' on a Sunday night. It was overall a really great weekend!

Back to business as usual tomorrow. That's ok, because I already have fun plans for next weekend-something to look forward to!

No comments: