Thursday, October 01, 2009

Blues hockey is here again!

OMG, yay! The Blues season officially starts tomorrow, 10/2!!! They are playing the hated Detroit Red Wings tomorrow at 2pm STL time (they're in Sweden for the 1st two games). I'm so excited for this season! I'm hoping they don't disappoint me like my baseball team did. There are high expectations for the Blues this season after making the playoffs last year. Paul Kariya is back and feeling 100% as is Erik Johnson. They've done well in the pre-season. There's a lot to be excited about. Plus, FoxSports Midwest is gonna televise 70 of their games, so unlike my beloved Cubbies, I'll get to watch LOTS of Blues hockey!

Many are saying the Chicago Blackhawks and the Vancouver Canucks are the teams to beat (notice I didn't say the perrenial favorites the Red Wings....not hearing much on them this year). I think the Blues can compete with them. I mean, sure, the Canucks swept them in the first round of the playoffs, but that was last year. This year, everyone is healthy (knock on wood), Chris Mason is a beast in goal, and TJ Oshie is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I'm ready for it. LET'S GO BLUES!

2 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Blackhawks hockey is here too!!!

I don't have quite the same obsession with NHL as I do with the Cubs - but after this season, it'll be a welcome distraction!

KD said...

I knew you were a Hawks fan Jen, so I didn't trash them. ;)
Seriously, I know they're supposed to be really good.
Yea, I don't have the obsession for them like I do the Cubs (although as a kid I did).

It WILL be a welcome distraction....especially while the stupid baseball playoffs are going on. :(