Monday, October 19, 2009

Phillie Phanatic?

Uhm....I'm getting a little concerned about my newfound Phillies obsession. I mean, I was actually jumping up and down last night while watching them kick the Dodgers ass (final score 11-0. HOLLA!). Now don't worry, the Cubbies are still my team and always will be, but the Phils are quickly becoming my second team. I'm pretty sure it's more than my lust for Chase Utley, but maybe not. I totally dig Ryan Howard (I mean, he IS from the STL after all), and Cliff Lee and Charlie Manuel makes me laugh so hard every time he talks. Have you heard him? He sounds like all the hoosiers from my hometown in southern Missouri. Just sayin.

Here's the deal, should the Phillies make it to the WS (which I'm hoping they will), they will most likely be facing the Yankees and let's face it, NO ONE wants to see the Yankees win...do they? So, come on, jump aboard the Phillies bandwagon with me. It's a fun time, I promise! And if a fun time with me doesn't convince you, let me remind you of one thing-Chase Utley is friggin hot. ALL ABOARD!

6 comments:

ern said...

i'm on board. heck, i was on board 3 months ago.

Blue said...

If the Yankees make the WS and the Dodgers falter, then I may have to jump on the band wagon, but for now, I'm holding back....lol
Plus have you ever been to Philly? Not one of the best cities I've been to.....just sayin.

KD said...

Well, Blue, I have never been to Philli but I do picture it being a dirty nasty place. Kinda like how I picture Boston for some reason...

Blue said...

I've never been to Boston, but when I was in Philly it was dirty and nasty, at least the part of town I was in was.

Jen Estes said...

Last night's game was FUN. I always feel obligated to root for Philly since Jayson Werth is from Springfield... not like I know him or anything though. (But I'm totally willing to.)

KD said...

last night's game was AWESOME! I was so excited. you should totally celebrate your ties to Jayson Werth Jen. you can even claim to be BFF's w/him if you want. ;)
How yummy was Chase Utley looking last night? I mean...WOW.