Friday, October 09, 2009

Everyone lost

The big sports night is complete. And it wasn't so good for any of the Missouri teams. Let's start with the Blues. Their home opener. Who the F do the Atlanta Thrashers think they are? Are they any good? I forgot they were even in the NHL until I saw them last night. Anyhoo, they won thus ensuring the best possible record the Blues will have this season is 81-1. I suppose I can accept that. Oh, and Brad Boyes is hot.

Then we move on to the Mizzou game. Ouch. That was one big hot mess. The game and the five inches of rain that fell throughout the night. So, Mizzou is up 12-0 at the half, things are looking good and then...............in the span of seriously only FIVE MINUTES, the mother effin Huskers (stupid name, but whatever. I'm not bitter.) scored 20 points. Uhm, excuse me? Mizzou's QB, Blaine Gabbert just completely fell apart (who names their kid Blaine anyway?). And then I was all kinds of pissy because I stayed up until nearly midnight watching that mess. And, to top it all off, one of my reviewers from Tennessee called me bright and early this morning and told me that she had bet on Missouri and that I now owe her money (she also provided her home address so I could mail the dollar she bet to her). She has also invited me to come on down to TN and do some tailgating tomorrow morning before the UT game. Uhm......no.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least, we have the Cardinals game. Hmmmm.....what to say about that........let's just say, part of me is hoping that the Dodgers win again tomorrow so that the Cards can be swept out of the playoffs by them just like my precious Cubbies were last year. Is that evil? I see it as fair. Another part of me hopes the Cards win tomorrow so that 1. I will have more games in which to see Skip Schumaker and 2. I will have more games in which to see the Dodgers James Loney (oh wait, if they win, I'll see him in the next round won't I? Sweet.). I must say, I do sorta feel bad for Matt Holliday, especially since that ball he dropped hit him in the boys. So, not only did he embarrass himself on national television....but he got hit in the junk as well. Rough day for that dude, huh?

2 comments:

Blue said...

Taking a ball to the well...balls on national television has got to hurt in more than one way, especially when that racking cost your team the game.....Go Dodgers!
KD, I have met some great Mizzou people/fans throughout the years, so I always pull for them even though I'm a Longhorns fan.

KD said...

Hook 'em Horns? Oh Blue, and to think I thought you were pretty cool before that. ;)
isn't that the best pic of Matt Holliday? Cracks me up every time!

Hope your appt went well Blue! :)