Monday, October 05, 2009

The good, the bad and the ugly

The Good: The St. Louis Blues! Yea, that's right, I didn't stutter. Our boys in blue SWEPT the nastastic Red Wings this weekend in Sweden. HOLLA! Other than the 1st periods in both games, they looked good. Both goalies, Mason and Conklin did great and Paul Kariya is back baby! Old man Tchakuk proved he's still got it as well. I'm super pumped. While I still think the Blackhawks and the Wing are the teams to beat in the Central, I think they both better watch their backs. It's so nice to be excited about Blues hockey again!

The Bad: The Chicago Cubs. Sure, they finished the 2009 season above .500 but who really cares-they failed to make the playoffs for the third straight year. And that's what it's all about folks. The only good thing I can take from it is that I most likely will never have to see Milton Bradley in a Cubs uniform again. That alone gives me the strength to make it to next April and the 2010 season.

The Ugly: The St. Louis Rams. Oh my dear God do they suck. Wow. They may even be worse than last season if that's even possible. They are currently 0-4 and for the 2nd time this season were SHUT OUT yesterday. At this point, I truly believe the Missouri Tigers (a COLLEGE team, mind you) could beat the Rams. Hell, my old high school team could probably beat the Rams. They are craptastic and I'm now feeling as if an 0-16 season is entirely possible. Go Team!

So, the MLB playoffs start this week. I am completely on the Phillies bandwagon, although the fact that their closer sucks makes me a little nervous about their chances of repeating. They're playing the Rockies in the first round, so we'll see how that goes. The Cardinals, on the other hand, are playing the Dodgers. Both teams have sucked the last week or so. Should be interesting. I'm sticking with my theme of cheering for only teams in blue, so.....Go Dodgers?!!? Then again, every team I cheer for (except for the Blues) tends to lose. So maybe I should be a Cardinals fan instead......I DO love that Skip Schumaker......

No comments: