Thursday, October 08, 2009

KD's take on the first day of the MLB playoffs

Ok, so I'm a little obsessed. What can I say, I love baseball! I was only able to watch the Cards/Dodgers game due to my 12 hour work day, but I followed the other two. Here's my breakdown:

Phillies win game 1 over the Rockies-the Rox appeared outmatched. Or maybe it was just because Cliff Lee is a frickin beast. Or maybe it's because the Rox are outmatched. Oh, and Chase Utley is hot.

Yankees win game 1 over the Twins-BOO HISS! Not a Yankee fan, never have been, never will be. And it really pisses me off that they're gonna win the World Series.

Dodgers win game 1 over the Cardinals. This game I watched. I made several observations (Skip Schumaker has a great ass, I don't like Mark DeRosa with a goatee and James Loney is the only hottie on the Dodgers), the biggest one being that both teams looked like the Cubs last night. And I say that because they both left like 57 men on base-that's rollin like the Cubbies, y'all. And not in a good way. Both starting pitchers were just ok (what happened to the great Carp? ), the Dodgers bullpen is clearly way better than the Cardinals (I tell ya, you put a man named Denise on the mound and you'll get trouble every time). I'm very interested in today's matchup-Wainwright vs Kershaw. Should be good stuff. Unfortunately, I have to work Job #2 tonight and I believe that game is on at 5pm local time.

Since my favorite team is current either A. Golfing or B. playing in the Mexican league, I have switched my focus and am watching the playoffs solely to ogle the hot baseball players. Ok, who am I trying to kid, that's ALWAYS my focus.

Kudos to Cubs announcer Bob Brenly on calling the Cards/Dodgers game. I heart Bob. :)

I'll leave you with this: as the late, great Harry Caray used to say, if your name ends with an "S" then you must be Greek. I realize that had nothing to do with nothing, but it popped into my head so I though I'd share.

No comments: