Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Really, people?

So, I drive by Washington University every day on my way to work. This morning, as I sat in the turn lane at Forest Park Parkway and Skinker (yes, the street really is called "Skinker". Leave it to the STL.), I noticed several people holding signs as if they were picketing something. As I read the signs, I realized what their cause was-health care reform. Yippee. That's fine and all, but the part that really irritated me was that several of the signs said "honk for health care reform", and wouldn't you know it.....SEVERAL cars were honking. I felt like I was in the middle of a traffic jam in downtown Manhattan or something. On a morning when I have not been properly caffeinated, that honking could send one over the edge. Just sayin.

No comments: