Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hockey player stalkin'

So, I was fully prepared to spend my entire weekend at home doing nothing since that is such a rarity for me, but then my friend Tanya texted me, wanted to go to OB Clark's to watch the hockey game, so I agreed. We go there a lot, and I have always known it is typically the bar that the players go to after the game, so we thought perhaps we'd see a Blue or two. Plus, it's where KMOX broadcasts their after game show. And we did see some players, but more on that later.

I must first describe Blues fans to you. There are two kinds: 1. Normal and 2. the hoosier Blues fan. Sadly for Tanya and I (who I think are in the "normal" group), we were surrounded by hoosier Blues fans at the bar. There was the dude wearing the Blues hard hat, dude in his old school jersey listening to the radio broadcast even though they were broadcasting LIVE IN THE BAR, and the dude whose mustache was so long he kept getting hot wing sauce in it. Needless to say, we were alternately horrified and entertained.

We knew some of the players had arrived because they were the only people in that dirty, smoky bar that were wearing suits. Ties and everything. Niiiiiice. So, in walked both goalies, Chris Mason and Ty Conklin, and right behind them was BJ Crombeen who was being interviewed on the radio show. Ty Conklin was standing about 5 feet away from me and I really, really, really resisted the urge to say "Hey Ty, great game!" (the reason that would have been funny-and rude-is because he was the goalie last night and he gave up 4 goals...and the Blues lost). Here's what I must report about all three of them-I've never thought this before, but once I saw them in person I have to say, they are all HOT. Mason with his shaved head, Conklin even had a beard (and all his teeth in) and still looked hot and Crombeen looks like a frat boy. Tanya and I have now committed to going to OB Clark's every Saturday there's a home game. Our hope is that by the end of the season we'll have seen all the players at least once.

Let the stalking begin!

No comments: