Thursday, October 29, 2009

Interesting week

So, I haven't been to work since Tuesday. Mind you, I am the girl that NEVER calls in sick (even when I should), so when I started feeling crappy on Tuesday, I knew something icky was about to go down. Let's just say, the last time I ate anything other than crackers was Tuesday. Great way to lose those few extra pounds ladies! Kidding. Kinda.

I spent the vast majority of yesterday sleeping. Given that we haven't seen the sun in like, oh, a month, it was the perfect day to do so. Late yesterday afternoon a new symptom emerged-pain in my left eye, followed by constant watering. By last night, I could barely open it and I woke up in the middle of the night with it draining something....it was pretty gross. So, I'm again not at work today, I can't open my eye all the way without much pain, and I will be heading to my doctor in about an hour. The worst part about this eye thing is that I have to go out in public....with no makeup on. BWAAAAHAAHAAA! Halloween indeed.

4 comments:

Jen Estes said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, I'm sorry KD. I had a similar eye situation my freshman year of college (I blame the dorm) that resulted in me having to wear an eye patch for a day. AN EYE PATCH. As in..."Look at that girl with the eye patch." With the exception of that dude on Days of our Lives, there aren't many people that can pull that off.

Get well soon!!!

KD said...

Oh Jen.
I think I've avoided eye patch status-thank God.

And really, did Patch on Days of our Lives REALLY pull it off?

Blue said...

So do you get to miss work tomorrow? Eye patches are cool, you could have gottne a Cubs eye patch.

KD said...

Actually Blue, I was already scheduled to be off tomorrow, so with my various ailments this week, I've inadvertently given myself a 5 day weekend. Yay??? If I have to spend another minute in my apt I may scream......