Friday, October 23, 2009

Uh-oh

Why do these things always happen to me????

So, there's this guy I've hung out with a couple times recently, we went to high school together and prior to us hanging out a couple of weeks ago, I literally had not seen him in 15 years (yes, I've been out of high school 15 f-ing years. Shut up.). Sure, we've had fun, although it's been me providing most of the entertainment (shocking, I know. I have a big, and loud, personality. I can't help it), but you know, always good to see an old friend, right?

Well, here's the problem: I'm never one to just assume a guy digs me, BUT, I'm pretty sure this guy either thinks we're dating or that it's a possibility we may date in the future. My woman's intuition tells me this. The problem, I can't even envision myself dating him. Ever. No romantic vibe on this end. I'm not even sure we'll be "friends" in the sense that we'll hang out a lot (I mean, given some things that have happened this year, I'm really wary about who I allow to be my friends now. Self protection).

So, my question is, how should I handle this? I mean it's not like I can say "dude, you know we're not dating, right?" I mean, what if I'm completely wrong (which I don't think I am)? I hesitate to even hang out with him again for fear he'll get the wrong impression. I mean, I know I'm adorable, but GEEZ! (I was TOTALLY kidding about that last sentence, by the way). He's already starting to bug me with the phone calls (that I ignore. Oops.), the emails, and yes, even planning on being in Salem the same weekends I am. That last part is really the one that freaked me out. Dude, I do NOT want to hang out with you while I'm in Salem. I go to Salem to not see anyone other than my parents and brother. I stay in their house in the woods and that's about it. No socializing.

Ugh, THIS is why I need to stay single. Forever.

No comments: