Thursday, October 22, 2009

Congrats to the Phillies-NL Champs.....AGAIN.

Well, they did it again (just as I predicted many months ago), the Philadelphia Phillies are the NL Champs for the 2nd year in a row. And man did they look unstoppable last night. The Dodgers looked like a little league team as the Phils crushed them 10-4. Sorry 'bout that Manny-now pack your bags and head down to the Dominican. I hear it's nice there this time of year. Chase Utley was lookin' hot, as was Cole Hamels. I was trying to decide if Jayson Werth was and got my answer when I heard him talk-the answer is a resounding NO, but damn can he play some baseball! I'm pretty excited about the World Series, especially if they end up playing the Yankees. I really, really, really dislike the Yankees and would cheer for anyone against them.

Cheer with me: LET'S GO PHILLIES! LET'S GO PHILLIES! LET'S GO PHILLIES!

11 comments:

Blue said...

Damn those Phillies, hopefully the Halos can pull a miracle and beat the Yankees.

KD said...

I'm sorry Blue, I know you wanted an all LA World Series. The Dodgers just kinda laid down and died though, huh?

Blue said...

Yeah, it seems like they just rolled over and played dead.
Well if the Angels don't make it, then I guess I'll cheer for Philly. Only because I don't like the Yankees, especially Arod.

KD said...

Blue, we are two peas in a pod-I said that exact same thing this morning-that really I wouldn't care WHO played the Yankees as long as they beat them...and that I especially hate A-Rod. :)

Blue said...

Well Philly did have some great stromlbolis, so I guess I can jump on the bandwagon at least for this season....lol

Jen Estes said...

I wonder if some day KD will have a headline that reads "Cubs NL Champs...AGAIN".

I started that thought with a smile but now I leave you with a heavy sigh and possibly welling of the eyes. Let's blame my hormones today.

KD said...

girl, I hear ya. The last 48 hours I've been riding the hormone train. It' so much fun feeling Bipolar once a month, isn't it?


As we speak, Angels up 4-0 in the 6th. :)

Oh Cubbies, will you ever win the WS again? EVER?

You know though Jen, the Cubs ARE one of only 3 other teams that have ever repeat as WS champs. Granted, it was 1907 and 1908...

Jen Estes said...

Back to back baby!!! (Hey - as we Cubs fans know, when it comes to gloating - we take it where we can get it!)

I don't want to say jinx...but I'm sure you know the Yanks now have six runs.

On another note, where is the line between PMS and PMDD? 'Cause sometimes, for myself, I wonder.

KD said...

it's a VERY fine line, I'm afraid....

Oh, and for the record...I hate the Yankees.

Jen Estes said...

As do I, KD. As do I.

Angel reclaim the lead! Who doesn't love the rally monkey?

KD said...

WOO HOO! Can the Angels do it 3 games in a row? We shall see.....