Monday, October 12, 2009

...and on the 6th day, all was right with the world

I have been very well behaved about the Cardinals getting swept out of the playoffs by the Dodgers. Well, ok, mostly well behaved. I might have told my co-workers today that I forgot to bring my broom to work. And I might have asked my boss if she had a broom I could borrow. But other than that, I've been very well behaved.

Here is what I observed while watching that hot mess of a game on Saturday:

1. The Cardinals played like they didn't even care (hmmm, where have I seen that before?).
2. The Dodgers looked bored-I mean, it was too easy for them. I think I saw Manny doing cartwheels in the outfield.....or was that just him trying to make a routine catch? Not sure.
3. The Cardinals looked like the Cubs the last two post seasons. You know, complete opposites of the team you saw in the regular season? In fact, at one point, I was convinced they actually WERE the Cubs but in Cardinal uni's (could've explained why sexy DeRo was wearing red, right?)
4. Skip Schumaker looks frickin sexy as hell with about 4 days worth of stubble. But I digress.
5. Albert Pujols is a big baby-way to leave the clubhouse without addressing the media and making DeRo do all the talking (no one else in the world can make a Jersey accent sound sexy though).
6. I'm really not a big fan of Ryan Franklin. He talks like a woman, he's got a pissy attitude and he thinks WAY too highly of himself.

So, the way I see it, the demise of the NL Central champs is only fitting. And makes me feel just a tiny bit better about the fact that the Cubbies didn't even make the playoffs this year. It should have been THEM getting swept, dammit!

On the 7th day, the world righted itself yet again when the Red Sox got swept by the Angels (sorry Ern, I know you like Boston). The Angels are a feel good story and if you're cheering against them, then you have no soul. :) Also in good news, the Phillies (KD's pick for 2009) beat the Rockies to take a 2-1 lead. That game must have sucked. It didn't get over until midnight Rox time and I think it was -12 outside (ok, maybe not that cold, but it was pretty effin cold). The only thing I didn't enjoy this weekend was the mother effin Yankees sweeping the poor Twins (and ending my opportunities to see Super Hottie Joe Mauer again until next spring-bastards).

In other sports, the Rams still suck and the Blues are back to .500 where many say they belong. But I still have faith in them. The Rams? Eh...not so much. In fact, the Rams are so good at being bad that an 0-16 season is not entirely out of the realm of possibility. That would be cool.

2 comments:

Blue said...

Hi KD, I hoping for an al LA World Series. I just hope the Halos can get past the Yankees. I hope we don't see a repeat of the Rays/Phillies series with cold weather, rain, postponed games, etc, that isn't baseball at all, it just does not fly with me.
Sorry to hear about your Rams, there are a huge amount of "LA Rams" fans out here with their clubs and what not, so you are not suffering alone.

KD said...

Hey Blue! I'm all for the Angels winning it all-it's a feel good story and, besides, Vlad is way cool. :)

As for the Rams, you know it's kinda fun having the worst team in the league, you know? Kinda like bragging rights.... :)