Saturday, July 05, 2008

Still one down

Ok, so the Cubs didn't so much win today....oh, they made everyone think they were going to...that is until K Dub came in to blow the save. Good job on breaking my heart Woody. I was being a very well behaved Cubs fan amid the sea of red today....granted, I did jump up and down and cheer when my man Aramis Ramirez hit a two run homer, and when Mark "I am one sexy bitch" DeRosa hit his home run, but other than that, I was really well behaved. Ok, so I also took Erin's "W" flag and draped it around myself like a dress (my cousin Rachel will post the pic soon). For those that don't know, the "W" flag is flown around Chicagoland when the Cubs win. Sadly, I didn't get to use it for it's intended purpose today. Ashlee decided she wants to marry the Cubs right fielder so she can be known as Mrs. Fukudome (yes, we kept pronouncing it Fuk-u-dome. We're very mature.). I was calling half the Cardinals "my boyfriend" (I mean, have you seen Skip Schumaker? And that Aaron Miles? I want to put him in my pocket and just carry him around. Seriously.) And at some point, Aramis Ramirez became "my husband". I was busy trying to corrupt my baby cousin Rachel and get her to check out cute baseball players with me. It worked. :)

So, even though my Cubbies blew it, taking a 4-2 lead into the 9th and losing 5-4, it's semi-ok. I had a lot of fun with my cousins. And really, isn't that what it's all about? I don't get to see Ben and Ashlee much since they live in South Dakota, so it's been a really great weekend getting to hang out with them. We went to dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory down on The Landing and then sat and watched all the freaky people on the MetroLink ("this is BULLSHIT"....ha!). I'm a tired girl now. I'm just gonna chill the rest of the night. Heading to the game again tomorrow where I'm hoping for a better outcome.

No comments: