Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Canadians are taking over the world....consider yourselves warned


The Cubs are accumulating Canadians at a rapid-fire pace. Before you know it, the entire team will be saying "eh", using Bryan Adams songs as their pre-game prep music and spelling everything with an extra "U" (favourite, labour, etc). Luckily for me, I totally dig Canadians, especially ones from the beautiful province known as British Columbia, which is where the newest Cubbie, Rich Harden is from, joining our already Fan Favorite Canadian, Ryan Dempster (who totally had to grow on me, I was so NOT a fan of his last season when he was so sucktastic as the closer. As a starter? He's 10-0 at home, I'll take it!). It's an exciting time to be a Cubs fan-the team is playing great, the injured (read: Alfonso Soriano) are about to return, and now they've made a trade for a couple of great pitchers. Sure, we'll miss Matt "Big Red" Murton and that Eric Patterson was impressive, but I think we Cubs fans will quickly get over it. Time to move on to bigger and better things!

So, I have been dealing with this headache for two days now. I'm getting kinda tired of it, to be quite honest with you. I've tried massive amounts of ibuprofen (I'm pretty sure I've reached my 48 hour allotment and need to lay off just a bit). What I really need is to just be in bed with the lights out and sleep it off. Unfortunately, duty calls and I must work-both jobs. Ugh. I'm thinking it may be related to the weather here right now, or sinuses, or something. I don't really know. All I know is that I want it to end. Now.
I went over to visit our family friends Mitch and Bonny last night after work. Mitch is the one who has had two brain tumors removed since March. Their son Billy was in town and I wanted to see him since it's probably been 15 years since the last time I saw him. We grew up together, so last night there was a lot of talk about the good ol' days, when we'd play house-Billy got to be the dad, I was the mom and my poor sister (who is the same age as Billy) got stuck being the kid. Yea, Billy and I were kinda mean to ol' Red, but she was a good sport about it! ;) It was really good to see him again. Poor Mitch tried to stay up with us, but he's really not feeling well. It breaks my heart to see him like this-this is a guy that is typically full of life-loud, laughing, telling stories. I hate that he is going through so much.
On a more positive note, Mikey I hope your birthday dinner was fun last night and that you had a GREAT 17th birthday (we tried to tell him that 17 isn't even legal, but he was hearing none of it). I miss you already at work and really think you should get all PTO days approved by me because work without you sucks monkey balls! :) I'll see you on Saturday for our little day of fun at the winery!

No comments: