Sunday, July 06, 2008

Cuz two outta three ain't bad......

Sorry for the bad Meatloaf reference, but the Cubbies took two outta three from the Cards y'all! HOLLA! Oh, today's game was SO much better than yesterday's. Yes, Erin I and I were perched atop our section 431 seats, eager with anticipation, wondering if today would be the day we'd get to wave the "W" flag proudly........guess what? It was. They took those Redbirds down to Chinatown, beating their butts 7-1. Not that I'm excited or anything. On top of that, the players for this year's All-Star Game were announced and I think the National League Team is like all Cubs.....and Albert Pujols. LOVE IT! The boys have their 3.5 game lead back, wish it was more, but I'll take it. Today's win was a perfect ending to an fan-damn-tastic weekend. Wish I could have gone to the big family BBQ at the Batto's today, but seeing my Cubbies win was well worth it. I did manage to see Grandpa at church today and the Batto's got enough of me the rest of the weekend... ;)

I seriously dread tomorrow. I'm thinking that since I had such a great weekend, tomorrow is just gonna have to suck. It's like Murphy's Law or something. Hey people, I don't make the rules.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhm...read your blog and I'm bored!! Mikey Poo

KD said...

You are such an a-hole, Michael! You would think that a boy whose birthday is tomorrow would be on his best behavior right now.......

Anonymous said...

It's too bad that 2 out of 3 Meatloaf songs are bad. Actually scratch that . . . that number should be a little higher

KD said...

So, I take it you're not a huge Meatloaf fan? I'd make some Foreigner references, but I'm not an expert w/the song repetoire like you are........

Jen Estes said...

I must admit watching Sunday's awesome game I was jealous I didn't have tix of my own -- thought for a minute our boy (we can share him, right?) Rami was going to hit a grand slam!!!!! Glad you were waving the W flag proudly, am I to assume there was some accompanying Steve Goodman?

KD said...

Jen-we can TOTALLY share Rami! :)
And you better believe we were singing some "Go Cubs Go" after the game. Nothing like waving your "W" flag, singing and high fiving fellow Cubs fans....at Busch Stadium!
And could Marshall have been any awesomer yesterday? I think not!