Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Let the implosion begin...

Ben Sheets seems like a nice guy, but still doesn't stop me from being freakishly happy that he imploded last night in the 6th (with the help of some STELLAR fielding by Milwaukee's own Golden Child, Ryan Braun....NOTE: "stellar" was used in a sarcastic manner. He was AWFUL). I loved it. The Cubbies beat their neighbors to the north AGAIN, this time 7-1. They're now three games up on the Brew Crew and looking for more tonight when everyone's favourite Canadian, Ryan Dempster, takes the mound (well, he's my second favorite Canadian, first place belonging to one DJT). Could they have played any better last night? OMG, my favorite Cubbie, Aramis Ramirez, had four hits and was interviewed by WGN after the game....I have no idea what in the hell he was saying, don't care, he looked good. The game is on ESPN tonight (ugh, Joe Morgan), I'll miss a good chunk of it because I have to work at my part-time job tonight, but will high tail it home to catch the end and hopefully another win. GO CUBS!
Elsewhere in the world (and let's be honest, I am totally caught up in Cubbie World right now), life is good....busy, but good. Work has been fairly quiet (knock on wood), I'm taking care of Aunt Cheryl's flowers like they're my own (LOVE the gerbera daisies!), working out daily (who knew I'd actually look forward to a morning workout???) and just generally keeping busy. It's what I do. Mike is being a good boy and educating himself on the various candidates running for posts in Missouri (and by "educating" I mean he is selecting the best looking candidate....). I'm looking forward to a weekend of scrapbooking with the girls and going out with the Other Girls on Saturday night. I'm unfortunately working both Friday night and Sunday during the day, but that's cool. Whatever. Can you believe it will be August on Friday? Dude, WTF? How did that happen? Time sure does fly when you're old as hell............

1 comment:

Jen Estes said...

I would think your fellow St. Louisans should appreciate Ben and the Brewers being on the ouch side of an ass-whooping after being swept by them -- and meanwhile this helps the Cards in the wildcard. ('Cause neither of 'em are winning this division! :D)

Rami. Want.