Thursday, July 03, 2008

It's Thur-Friday!

I LOVE holidays that fall on Friday. Can I get an AMEN? Yes, I'm in a good mood, how can I not be with the long weekend looming ahead of me? And it's not just any weekend. It's a Cubs/Cards weekend....HOLLA! I am soooo in love with that. Granted, it makes me a bit nervous...I mean, the Cubs are not exactly playing their best baseball right now and those damn Cardinals (much as I hate to admit it) are scrappy. The good news is, Crazy Carlos is back tomorrow and we should find out today when Soriano is coming back. The Cubbies did win last night and will go for the series win tonight then will fly on to the STL....welcome boys! This weekend is gonna ROCK!

Ok, so sometimes it pays to drive like an old grandma. No really, it does. Take this morning for instance. There I was, driving to work on Hwy 70, cars flying past me (and if I'm being honest, I was actually going about 10 over myself), minding my own business, when said high flying cars started getting pulled over...one by one they got hauled off to the side of the road. Newsflash people-not a good idea to drive like a moron when a holiday weekend is fast approaching. You know they like triple the cop-force (or something like that). Besides that, all that speeding is giving you crappy gas mileage and, I don't know about y'all, but at $4 a gallon, I'm all about maximizing my gas mileage so that I'm not having to fill up every few days. Can I get another AMEN?

So, I was having some wacky dreams last night, y'all. I really shouldn't smoke crack before I go to bed. Many people appeared in my dreams last night, including Amy, Mike and this dude I went to grade school with. Random, I know. It's frightening how my mind works, especially my subconscious..... ;)

I am very excited to get to see baby Brayden tomorrow! YAY! Yes, newborns make me nervous, but it's just because they're so little and I really have no idea what I'm doing. I am gonna try to not be a tard around Brayden tomorrow. "Try" being the operative word.

I gotta do some laundry tonight, gotta make sure all my Cubs gear is clean as this Cubs fan is invading Busch Stadium for the weekend. Oh, I SO can't wait. I got the Cubs "W" flag all ready to go baby! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be afraid Brayden . . . be very afraid

KD said...

Oh the little guy has nothing to be afraid of....seriously....

Anonymous said...

Yeah . . . nothing at all

(run Brayden run!!!!)

KD said...

uh, I may not know much about kids, but I'm guessing at just 5 weeks old that he's not gonna be able to run anywhere.......

Anonymous said...

Poor kid . . . he never stood a chance

KD said...

Oh RP, I can't believe you doubt my ability to deal w/a child...it hurts, it really, really does.

Anonymous said...

I can't help it . . . I've seen the fear in the eyes (yours that is)

KD said...

Oh ye of little faith, RP...