Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

I woke up this morning convinced we'd had another earthquake in the middle of the night last night. Nothing could convince me otherwise. Nothing other than the fact that we didn't. Apparently it was just some severe thunderstorms, but I swear my walls were shaking. Perhaps I should stop doing the crack cocaine before I go to bed, I don't know, but I'm telling you, something weird was happening. Granted, that "something weird" may just be me, but whatever.....

Cubs, could you break my heart any more? And what does Rich "Yes I'm Canadian and No I'm not Hurt...Yet" Harden have to do to get a break around here? The guy was LIGHTS OUT last night...he had a no-hitter through the 6th inning and only gave up one measly run (that happened to be the only run the D-Backs needed, but whatever). Cubs offense, where were you? Hello? Did you take the day off without telling anyone? Better not do that again because I'm thinking Lou's pissed. You don't want Lou Piniella to be pissed. Bad things may happen. Entertaining things, but nonetheless bad. The game is on WGN tonight so I will be fully prepared to watch a victory. Got it boys? Meanwhile, I watched the Brewers and Cardinals duke it out last night. I'm torn between who I should be rooting for because, let's face it, I want them both to lose. Knowing this is an impossibility, I focused on other important things while watching their game last night, like how in the heck could I have forgotten how hot JJ Hardy is. Or just how fat Prince Fielder is. Or the fact that in typical late summer fashion, Tony LaRussa's hair is becoming a bit mullet-like. Focus. It's a good thing.

3 comments:

Jen Estes said...

What is wrong with the middle of the lineup? Are they going to have to go on the DL to get their thumbs removed from their asses? Lou's gonna have to start throwing some stuff. Poor Rich Harden, still searching for that first win...as long as he can stay healthy (of course).

I take it you're only able to watch WGN games? I wish they had more on there but every year the number dwindles down.

KD said...

Yep, only on WGN, unless they're on ESPN or playing the Cardinals, then I get to listen to the hideous Cards announces talk about how they all walk on water, yada, yada, yada.
I'm thinking Lou is about to kick some major ass.....I can't wait for it!

Anonymous said...

I'm just pissed at em all. I'll leave it at that, my friend...

They better effing win tonight or I'm gonna have an aneurysm ...

I might not be at work tomorrow...

ern