Wednesday, July 16, 2008

KD's observations about the 2008 MLB All-Star Game


Yes, I realize that not everyone cares about the All-Star Game, but I do, and it's my blog, so get over it. No, I didn't make it to the end (15 innings, are you kidding me????), I did make it to the 11th (after I dozed on the couch only to wake to find the AL had bases loaded with no outs...). Here are the observations I made, from the way awesome parade to the game itself:

1. A-Rod talks like a woman. Who knew? Madonna's latest boy toy sounds more like he should be starring in some male revue. The Gays would love it.

2. You're not human if seeing all the old guys didn't make you tear up. Yogi Berra-are you kidding me? He is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Granted, he's like 107 years old, but gosh darn it, he's adorable. Did you know his wife's family is from Salem? Mom, remember when he came to your work? Hank Aaron was too cute for words, and my personal favorite, Mr. Cub-Ernie Banks. I want to adopt him. Can you do that? Adopt an old timer? That would be cool.
3. A lot of the older-but-not-elderly players looked, well, old. Rod Carew? Yikes. Wade Boggs? Ick. I must admit Ryno was looking a little rough as well. But that Mark Grace???? Still adorable and still looks like the guy I had a crush on 20 years ago.....Does Dennis Eckersly still have a mullet? DT-I saw that George Brett did NOT have his Golden Clipboard award with him-what gives?

4. Erin and I had fun texting back and forth about all the players, in particular the hot ones. It's official, we are now members of the Grady's Ladies club-that Grady Sizemore is H-O-T hot. And who is that Twins catcher? I don't remember his name but he was cute.
5. Let's talk about my Cubs. Dempster was LIGHTS OUT in the 9th, fanning the side. Big Z? Looked like the ace that we know he is in his two innings of work. LOVED when he threw at Manny Ramirez.....hilarious. Good thing Manny thought so too. I hear Marmol was great too (he was on in the 13th, long after this old lady had gone to bed). And could Geo Soto be any cuter? Even when he tripped in the first inning, ya just gotta love him! I made the comment to Erin last night that Aramis Ramirez was looking hot (I mean, DUH). I think we all know by now how much I love him. I especially loved Geo and Marmol, however. They just looked soooo happy to be there. It was cute. Kosuke Fukudome's baby is the CUTEST thing I've ever seen (even cuter than Yogi Berra).

6. The AL may have won (AGAIN) but I think the NL proved they are still a force to be reckoned with. HOLLA! I'm kinda glad the ASG is over because, it was really, REALLY painful to force myself to cheer for the likes of Ben Sheets, Lance Berkman and Chase Utley. Now, I can go back to hating them and cheering on my team in the second half!

No comments: