Friday, July 18, 2008

Disturbing

I am deeply, DEEPLY, disturbed by the number of men in my office today who are wearing grass skirts and coconut bras (my dear, precious Michael being one of them). You may be asking yourself "just what kind of casual friday do they have over there?". Well, today we are having an island party courtesy of our higher ups who are recognizing that things have pretty much sucked here lately and what better way to acknowledge that than by having an island party! The dress code is seriously casual today.....Hawaiian shirts, leis, shorts, anything pretty much goes today. And that includes men in coconut bras. There is also a giant blow-up monkey in the break room...I'm making plans to steal it. DT asked me what I would do with a giant blow-up monkey. I don't really know what I'd do with it, but it sure would be funny to have. Don't you agree? I asked our Vice President if he would be doing a hula dance for us later (because, let's face it, I have no shame, of course I'm gonna ask the most important person in the building an ignorant question like that)-he said he'd need a drink first which I take to mean he could be talked into it.........It's actually quite good to see everyone in good moods and actually laughing. There hasn't been a whole lot of that lately. Stress will do that to you.
So, what is everyone doing this weekend? I may partake in a happy hour this evening (I haven't fully decided yet-laziness may prevail. And, if I'm being honest, I'd really like to be able to watch my Cubs on TV tonight....the All-Star break is finally over, it's time for the 2nd half baby!). Tomorrow is our monthly Girls Lunch with my aunts and cousins then it is Scrap-a-Rama at Maggie's ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. We are serious about our scrapbooking people! Sunday I have to work at my part-time job which is less than exciting, but what can ya do? I'm hoping to relax a bit this weekend because last weekend, albeit fun, was waaaaaaay too busy.
Happy weekend everyone and GO CUBS!

No comments: