Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A little slice of KD heaven


Tagg is good. He's really, really good. He knows the one way to get on KD's good side. Yes, that's right......Cubs tickets. Even better, Cubs-Cardinals tickets. Sneaky, but good.

So, I get this email yesterday around 3:30 or so saying he was able to score some last minute tickets to the Cards-Cubs game last night, that the seats weren't that great, but we were going. I was beyond excited-I mean, I was content to just watch the game on TV and yell obscenities from the comfort of my own home, but actually going to the game was nice too......So, as we get there, he keeps making comments about how we're gonna be up high so I'd better prepare to walk...I was like "whatever, that's cool", I was just so excited to be there to see my team that I didn't care if we were in the last row. We stop to get a beer and he asked me if I'd figured out where we were yet, as we were still on the first level. You know me, I was like "what?" (picture a confused look on my face). This is when he breaks it to me that our "not great seats" are actually TWELVE ROWS BEHIND THE CUBS DUGOUT. I told you this guy was good. I was like a kid in a candy store. I took pictures of all my boys (will upload soon) and was just beside myself with happiness. The game, of course, was not without drama (I have no idea why Soriano got a fourth strike on that last at bat), I mean, it IS the Cards and Cubs after all, but in the end, my precious Cubbies won the game 4-3. YAY! Too bad the stupid Brewers also won, so my Cubs are still 3 games out of first place. That's ok though. They are only 1.5 games out of the Wild Card. We are going to the Cards game again on Saturday thanks to Red and Jon-I'm taking Tagg and my precious Mikey Poo who will be going to his first game! Isn't that exciting?

Ok, back to reality now. Tagg is in Kansas City the rest of the week because............he's moving there. Yep, not the greatest timing in the world considering we just started dating, however, as I repeatedly keep telling him, Kansas City is not that far away......I see a lot of road trips in our future. Alright enough of that stuff (it's a bit of an issue right now), I must do some work. Gotta work both jobs today and tomorrow (yay me!) and then Friday night, Tanya, Allison and I are having Girls Nite Out (yay)-we are gonna wear cowgirl hats the entire night. Why? Why not?

No comments: