Monday, July 16, 2007

hodgepodge

Don't you hate it when you look at your alarm clock and see that it's 1:00am, that you haven't even fallen asleep yet and that you have to get up at 6:00am? Yea, I hate it too. Especially when I am super, super tired, but still can't fall asleep. That's a real pisser........

So, how was everyone's weekend? Mine was fun, thanks! Friday, Tagg and I went to see Powderkeg play-LOVED that kid on the fiddle! Wow-he sure is good! We had a great time......KD might have had a bit too much to drink....it may have been that jager bomb that did it, I don't know....hey, I wasn't driving! Needless to say, Saturday morning I was feeling less than great, but just had to go to Grayson's first birthday party (HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY TODAY, MR GRAYSON!!!), he is sooooooooooo stinkin' cute! Book Club ruled the gifts with our present of his very first Radio Flyer wagon. Man, those things are pimped out nowadays! Geez! Remember your wagon as a kid? Made of metal, lead paint chipping off of it, your ass burning from sitting on that metal in the summer heat? Those were the days......the Radio Flyer of today is made of hardcore plastic....it has CUP HOLDERS and SEAT BELTS...what the?????? It also has a canopy attachment to protect your little head from the sun's damaging UV rays.....pretty sweet. After Grayson's party, I went home and basically napped on the couch all after noon. Hung over much? Uh......yea......

Yesterday, Tagg and I went to the Botanical Gardens....because walking around in 95 degree heat is fun, dontcha know???? Kidding! We did have fun, I wowed him with my knowledge of the quercus alba (aren't you proud of me daddy????? Your girl knows all about the white oak tree! Red-I verified the spelling on Google......) :) Actually, I knew several of the plants and flowers and confessed to Tagg my secret dream of wanting to be a horticulturist..... ;) After our afternoon of fun there, we drove out to Lone Elk Park for some elk/bison sightings.....I love that place, hadn't been there in a while, so it was fun to go back. All the elk were in the lake and the freakin' huge bison were laying in the woods with flies all over them...yum. We went back to his apartment after that to watch the Cardinals game in HD (where I joyously celebrated when they flashed the days scores and I saw that my precious Cubbie's had swept the Astros!), went to dinner, then back to my apartment where we watched hours of Cops...quite possibly the greatest show on Earth. Seriously, white trash at it's best! And one episode was a very special Naked Cops....very nice. By 11:00pm I was fading fast, and Tagg didn't want to be blamed for me being tired and crabby today (hmmmmm......someone's been reading my blog....), so he got the boot so I could go to bed. Of course, as you read in the beginning, I then couldn't sleep, so it was a moot point, but whatever.....

So, next weekend I will be Chloe sitting again! Red-is she super excited? Red and Jon have bribed me in the greatest way EVER. Baseball tickets......they DO know the way to a girls heart.... :) I am sooooooo super freakin' excited. You have no idea.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY today to my girl Sharon! You'll be gettting an email from me soon....hope all is well with you and those beautiful babies! I miss you!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday to my girl Melinda-you, too, should be expecting an email...hope you had a fantabulous birthday. I wasn't able to email you then because I don't have a computer at home....miss you girl! :)

Well, this is gonna be a fairly busy week. Working at the crisis line tonite and Wednesday nite, got Book Club on Thursday night. Our family Girls Lunch is Saturday, I love it! Have a good week everyone. Ta ta.

2 comments:

kristy said...

You know Chloe...just use a high pitched voice and she's all over you. :) "Wanna see Aunt Kerri next weekend?"...paw, paw, jump. That is usually what happens. :)

Thanks again...I hope you get to see some good CARDINAL baseball. :)

Quercus alba...i had the "q", but that's about it. :) sorry dad

KD said...

Chloe IS an attention whore....and I will sooooo be cheering for the Cards next weekend...they're playing the Brew Crew!!! Boo, hiss! :)