Monday, July 09, 2007

Life lesson #367-don't take two hour naps if you expect to get a decent night's sleep

Ugh, the last time I looked at my alarm clock it was after 2:00am. NO, I was not out partying, or hanging out with boys (ok, I WAS, but not at 2am!), I was just unable to sleep. My two hour nap from 4:30pm to 6:30pm may have had something to do with it....I'm not sure, but it may have.....I can't help it, after a three mile jog in the July heat, I get sleepy (Red, does this happen to you?). I slept so long that I laid down on my couch to watch "My Best Friend's Wedding" on USA and when I woke up, the movie had started over again! :) Oooops.....

Did everyone have a good weekend? Mine was fun, thanks SO much for asking! I did a whole bunch of nothing on Friday night, it was pretty cool. On Saturday, I was up bright and early for my special Day Of Fun with Mike. Mom-close your eyes right now and stop reading.....Mike and I went to Cheap Trix to de-virginize Mike. Oh you dirty perverts, stop!!!!! We went to get him a tattoo! Man, you people are sick! Anyway, it was Mikey's first tattoo adventure, Michele from work and Mike's room mate Tiffany went as well (Mike and his girls!) for moral support. Yes, I got another tattoo-it's a SMALL one, don't freak out party people! I'm not gonna turn into a tat freak or anything like that, I PROMISE I am done! Promise! Anyway, Mike got the Japanese symbol for "laughter" right on his ribcage-OUCH! Even the workers were like "dude, that's the most painful place on the body". But our girl was a trooper! At the end, Mikey got a Popsicle for being such a big boy! I was branded by a guy named Randy who made jokes about still being drunk...yes, that probably should have made me nervous, but it didn't. Randy was some good times. Especially when he sang. Anyway, my new star tattoo (yes, another one!) is on my lower belly near my hip. It is super cute. Really. After our tattoo adventure, we went to Chimichanga's for lunch where Mike drank the World's Largest Margarita. It was massive.

Saturday night I met up with the Book Club girls for Scrapmania (yea!) at Archivers. SO much fun. I got lots of scrapbooking done, even capturing the day's earlier tattoo activities-yea, I'm that good! :)

Yesterday, Sunday, was Mike's actual birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEY POO!!!). A group of us went to brunch at the Crepery in Clayton (where we were graced with Will Letterman's presence-YAY!) and we all made fun of a hung-over Mike! :) Sunday afternoon I cleaned my apartment, jogged, took the aforementioned nap and then went and hung out with Tagg after he got off work. We ordered dinner in as I was feeling lazy and watched this show on Showtime called Dexter. Ever heard of it? It was pretty good, about serial killers and stuff. We had a nice relaxing evening. I completely lost track of time and didn't get home until 12:30 or so (oops!), Tagg emailed me bright and early this morning and took full blame for me being sleepy today....I'd like to blame him, but if I'm telling the truth, I'm sure my Rip Van Winkle-like nap was the actual culprit....Anyway, Tagg, good luck on your job interview today!!!!!

Well, I must go chug my Diet Dr Pepper and try to stay awake. I have both jobs today, which is probably not a good thing going on like four hours of sleep, but what can ya do? Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Val said...

I wish now I had closed my eyes. One question my daughter....... why? :(

Anonymous said...

When do we get life lessons #1 through #366?

KD said...

Oh Mother, it will be ok. Its not like Im gonna become a Hells' Angel or anything like that, chill out!!
Canada, have you not been listening to my words of wisdom all these years? Lessons 1-366 are woven in there somewhere.....

Anonymous said...

Wait . . . I've known you since 1996 (or 1997, I can't remember) and I don't remember you ever using words of wisdom.

KD said...

First of all, I think it was '96 when we met (good LORD, has it really been that long????). And second of all, I don't remember me using any words of wisdom either.....